Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help? Possible OCD? "Obsessive-compulsive disorder"? Scared of something?  (Read 722 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone, i think i am suffering from OCD.... It's been years from now since i had my anxiety until now, together with my anxiety every event or just some plain normal things, i give meaning to it like i keep telling myself that "this is such a coincidence and there is something bad going to happen to me". Really i am scared, Although all those "things" are really plain stupid and i know all of you are just gonna laugh about this. at first i was obsessed that i notice every wednesday when i commute, i get random stray hair from someone else on my arms or on my clothing and i gave it a sign like it's a bad sign and somethings bad going to happen. (Well, i think i relieved from this situation a lil bit.)

And this time right now, i am obsessed with the number, 21. Yes a number! I've been telling myself that number 21 is a bad sign and something bad is going to happen with me! Because sometimes i check the time on my phone or on my wrist watch that the time is 1:21 or 9:21 or 11:21 or whatsoever as long as there is a 21! God this is freaking me out! And also i installed this app on my phone called wattpad and when i tap on find friends it says "you had (21) friends using wattpad" I was like, why 21??!!!! can it be just 20 or 22. so i only added the 20 friends and left the 1. And sometimes when i check my ***** wall i sometimes see a post containing "21 minutes ago, 21 comments, 21 likes" What the heck?! What i am more concern about is that last night i saw this post of my college classmate of mine on *****, a funeral picture of her mother who just passed away few weeks ago and it says it was posted 21 minutes ago! Oh god i felt scared!

Does this sound like OCD? I hope all of these are just some "plain stupid thoughts" and random normal coincidences. Oh god now i am scared turning 21, I am turning 20 next month so i am really scared for the next year. I don't know, i feel like i am going insane! I think i am not myself anymore.....
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
yes it does sound like OCD..have you seen a dr or therapist ..i think thye could help......its not ridiculous ..we are all here for similar reasons
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I would say OCD without a doubt and you should let it go.

But in the mean time turn it around and make it your lucky number!  Life isn't always sending "negative" messages - play it at roulette or in the daily numbers - think of it as a good thing!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Thanks for all of your concerns. Sometimes anxiety can really make a stupid thoughts on your mind.
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
Agree with all suggestions, esp. the one to turn it around to something good.

It is a form of OCD, I suspect, or superstition, but is OK if we can turn it around. I have several numbers but expect good things from them. Turning it around might be a form of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) that can work to our advantage. When you turn 21 wonderful things will happen to you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline silverfish212121

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
no need to worry, a number can't harm you...lol I almost feel bad for answering this question...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mjayster

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
I have had a very similar number fear, I would often see the number 666, and I would think it meant something bad is going to me, there weren't any more "666" numbers than usual, I just started noticing it more, so every time I saw a license plate or advertisement or address that said 666 is started freaking me out. I was also working in China at the time where 666 is considered a lucky number. So you can assume that there aren't any more 21s than usual, I know it's hard to accept but there is no significance to it. I can tell by the way you're talking that a good part of your mind doesn't believe there is any significance to it either. Listen to that part and the 21s will start going away, or as a test you can try picking another number and see how often you see it once you start looking out for it, it's amazing how your brain can easily recognize a number everywhere once you're looking out for it.
Bookmark and Share
Danger is real, Fear is a Choice

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
I have the same number thing only my number is 23. I see 23 everywhere. I could post a long list of how "23" has been a significant number in my life (college P.O. Box was 523, first classroom as a teacher was 223, house number growing up was 23, my mom passed away on 12/23 at 1:23 a.m., there are lots more). Actually, if you google "the number 23," you will see how prevalent this is. I have decided that 23 is not a bad number for me, or a good one, just one that keeps appearing in my life. (21 is actually my "good luck number").

I know I have mild OCD - you just can't let it control you or get the better of you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Thank you so much for all of your comments! Much appreciated!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• A weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
Diagnosis : OCD
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

UPDATE, 4th May 2015: Still haven't thought of a funny caption.

Tags: