Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Help? Possible OCD? "Obsessive-compulsive disorder"? Scared of something?  (Read 384 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone, i think i am suffering from OCD.... It's been years from now since i had my anxiety until now, together with my anxiety every event or just some plain normal things, i give meaning to it like i keep telling myself that "this is such a coincidence and there is something bad going to happen to me". Really i am scared, Although all those "things" are really plain stupid and i know all of you are just gonna laugh about this. at first i was obsessed that i notice every wednesday when i commute, i get random stray hair from someone else on my arms or on my clothing and i gave it a sign like it's a bad sign and somethings bad going to happen. (Well, i think i relieved from this situation a lil bit.)

And this time right now, i am obsessed with the number, 21. Yes a number! I've been telling myself that number 21 is a bad sign and something bad is going to happen with me! Because sometimes i check the time on my phone or on my wrist watch that the time is 1:21 or 9:21 or 11:21 or whatsoever as long as there is a 21! God this is freaking me out! And also i installed this app on my phone called wattpad and when i tap on find friends it says "you had (21) friends using wattpad" I was like, why 21??!!!! can it be just 20 or 22. so i only added the 20 friends and left the 1. And sometimes when i check my ***** wall i sometimes see a post containing "21 minutes ago, 21 comments, 21 likes" What the heck?! What i am more concern about is that last night i saw this post of my college classmate of mine on *****, a funeral picture of her mother who just passed away few weeks ago and it says it was posted 21 minutes ago! Oh god i felt scared!

Does this sound like OCD? I hope all of these are just some "plain stupid thoughts" and random normal coincidences. Oh god now i am scared turning 21, I am turning 20 next month so i am really scared for the next year. I don't know, i feel like i am going insane! I think i am not myself anymore.....
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
yes it does sound like OCD..have you seen a dr or therapist ..i think thye could help......its not ridiculous ..we are all here for similar reasons
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I would say OCD without a doubt and you should let it go.

But in the mean time turn it around and make it your lucky number!  Life isn't always sending "negative" messages - play it at roulette or in the daily numbers - think of it as a good thing!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Thanks for all of your concerns. Sometimes anxiety can really make a stupid thoughts on your mind.
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Agree with all suggestions, esp. the one to turn it around to something good.

It is a form of OCD, I suspect, or superstition, but is OK if we can turn it around. I have several numbers but expect good things from them. Turning it around might be a form of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) that can work to our advantage. When you turn 21 wonderful things will happen to you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline silverfish212121

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
no need to worry, a number can't harm you...lol I almost feel bad for answering this question...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mjayster

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
I have had a very similar number fear, I would often see the number 666, and I would think it meant something bad is going to me, there weren't any more "666" numbers than usual, I just started noticing it more, so every time I saw a license plate or advertisement or address that said 666 is started freaking me out. I was also working in China at the time where 666 is considered a lucky number. So you can assume that there aren't any more 21s than usual, I know it's hard to accept but there is no significance to it. I can tell by the way you're talking that a good part of your mind doesn't believe there is any significance to it either. Listen to that part and the 21s will start going away, or as a test you can try picking another number and see how often you see it once you start looking out for it, it's amazing how your brain can easily recognize a number everywhere once you're looking out for it.
Bookmark and Share
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronker

Offline 2jrts

• Poke This Member
I have the same number thing only my number is 23. I see 23 everywhere. I could post a long list of how "23" has been a significant number in my life (college P.O. Box was 523, first classroom as a teacher was 223, house number growing up was 23, my mom passed away on 12/23 at 1:23 a.m., there are lots more). Actually, if you google "the number 23," you will see how prevalent this is. I have decided that 23 is not a bad number for me, or a good one, just one that keeps appearing in my life. (21 is actually my "good luck number").

I know I have mild OCD - you just can't let it control you or get the better of you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Thank you so much for all of your comments! Much appreciated!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
Diagnosis : OCD
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline Ktryon

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help? Possible OCD? "Obsessive-compulsive disorder"? Scared of something?
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »
My daughters psychiatrist told her that OCD is a type of anxiety disorder
Zoloft has helped a lot. But my question to you is what triggered
This latest anxiety episode? That could be very helpful towards
Your recovery. I have severe GAD and did CBT meds and therapy and
I am improving  There is hope !
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »
Hi, thanks for your advice @Ktryon! I don't know but i am just really scared and obsessed of everything and i feel like it's something like a bad luck or something. Well i have try considering that 21 is a lucky number for me, not a bad sign. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 10:04:07 AM »
You are not alone. I have heard multiple times that hypochondria is a type of OCD which makes sense seeing as we are obsessing over things we think are wrong with us. As far as the number thing goes, I find myself trying to avoid certain numbers like 13 for instance, which isn't from being superstitious but because the 13th letter in the alphabet is the first letter of what I'm worried about. When you say it like that it sounds absolutely crazy, but it bothers me nonetheless.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: