Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So scared....tired of this  (Read 185 times)

Offline park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So scared....tired of this
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:04:13 PM »
For almost 2 months I've been having pain in both my knees, calves and tingling in both feet. I went to the ER twice in December and had a chest xray and 2 d dimer tests. Everything was normal....so they didn't do an ultrasound. I've been going through blood clot anxiety the whole time and today it really hit an extreme point. My one calf started to feel like it was strew bing and then It would go away. I went to the stupid internet and started reading story after story of people who had blood clots, were misdiagnosed and died....now it's all I can think about.

I've been seeing a therapist for the past month and we are trying to get my Ha under control. I'm just so tired of being scared and unable to enjoy my life. I want to ignore the pain but then It spreads to my chest arms and my whole body feels tingling....could use some words of encouragement.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So scared....tired of this
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
I think you are ok..the tingling and strange feelings sound like anxiety ...Im feeling bit like that right now too....blood clots spread fast it wldnt take months so I think you cld have a blood clot ....just lots and lots of stress
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »
Oddly enough I have the same fear- My calf has been tight for the past couple and Im not sure if it is because It actually hurts or if its just because I keep thinking about it. I also have been reading up on the internet. I think the best thing that we can do is to stop googling our symptoms, it only adds to the anxiety! I guess the best thing I can tell you is to focus on the two negative d dimer tests and I hope you find comfort in knowing that I am having the exact same fear...
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:57:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies...it sucks that you are going through the same thing but it does make me feel a little less "crazy". My HA has never been this bad before....I can normally calm myself down
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
Ive had panic attacks since middle school and I was usually able to calm myself too but recently I had a really bad episode that got me landed in the ER (chest pain for a week, shortness of breath, and shaking) since then I developed extreme HA. I feel like Im dying every day! Joining this board seems to be helping because now I can see that I am not the only one afraid of blood clots! It helps to see that there are others out there :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 06:53:37 PM »
That's how I feel...there are days when I feel good or bad or really bad. I haven't had any days where I don't worry about a clot and it's driving me crazy. Everyone tells me it's all the stress and tense feelings from my HA while the internet tells me I'm dying.

Will it just get even worse before it gets better?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: