Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Difficulty breathing, mucus on chest  (Read 135 times)

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Difficulty breathing, mucus on chest
« on: January 22, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »
Hi, I'm going to the docs tomorrow for this but It's kinda worrying me. For a few weeks I've had a feeling on my chest, just below the collarbone, like there's mucus there or something - it's a thick, cold, clammy feeling. I get breathless if I talk too much and I've started to feel a soreness at the back of my throat, not like a normal sore throat, more like if you breathed in cigarette smoke for the first time (I'm not a smoker, but I tried a drag once years ago and my throat felt like it had been burned for a few hours after). I've also been getting dry mouth, and I have to sleep sitting up. I haven't had a cough, although my phlegm rate has increased slightly.

It's weird but could I be developing asthma? :/ I've tried decongestants and neither has worked so I'm heading to the docs. When it becomes a (slight) struggle to breathe, it's pretty scary and I don't want to trigger a panic attack or hyperventilation.

Anyone had anything like this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LoveGun

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Difficulty breathing, mucus on chest
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »
Pretty much the same thing here for about a week or so. Shortness of breath, chest congestion, feels like mucus stuck down there. Went to the doc for some reassurance, a xray, bloodwork and ekg coming back normal helped me out of the worst of it. The shortness of breath is still reoccurring, feel like I constantly need to cough up phlegm.

Drink lots of water, I find this helped a lot. Get checked by a doc to rule out physical problems, then at least you know is mental.

,Rob
Bookmark and Share

Tags: