Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it normal to be able to feel groin lymph nodes?  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it normal to be able to feel groin lymph nodes?
« on: January 22, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
When I feel in my groin area (mainly in the crease where my legs and abdomen meet) I feel a bunch of structures. I think they might be lymph nodes but some might be tendons. I feel a lot of them and they move fairly well and are probably about 1-2 cm I think. I'm 27 weeks pregnant with twins and at my last OB appointment, I had my doctor feel my groin area and he said "yeah, those are just your lymph nodes" like it was no big deal, but everything I've read says that If you can feel them then they are swollen...I'm always so paranoid about lymphoma. I also had a CBC done at my last appointment and everything came back normal, just my wbc was one point above the normal range but my doctor said that's completely normal during pregnancy and that range doesn't take in consideration pregnant women. I just wish I could stop worrying about lymphoma...
Bookmark and Share

Offline vwgreen

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it normal to be able to feel groin lymph nodes?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:46:28 PM »
yep its normal, i feel MANY. i feel lymph nodes in my neck, armpits and groin. i actually just had them all checked out today and they are all normal. im still trying to accept that though lol. im sure yours are as normal as mine. google is a lying sack of sh*t! LOL. cause i was so positive mine were swollen and they arent!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »
Yeah I don't understand why all the stuff on the internet says that any lymph nodes you can feel are swollen. No doctor that I have ever been to has told me this. I have had doctors feel my palpable nodes and they always say they are normal. I know my OB doctor easily felt the ones in my groin which are palpable and he never had any concern with them. Now I just wish I could believe the doctors!
Bookmark and Share

Offline vwgreen

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:15:17 AM »
im actually angry with googles blatant lies LOL. i finally had the guts to make an appointment the other day about all the lymph nodes ive been able to feel for the past year and a bit, i was so sure they were swollen and i had lymphoma. i was also sure my spleen was swollen. i poked these nodes EVERY DAY for a year. the first thing i said to my doctor was "I have lymph nodes :( " and he was like, "yes....yes you do.." no, NO. but i can feel them! "yes..you can!" BUT google says if you can feel them theres something wrong with you!! so he felt them all and told me they were all normal. he was so unconcerned i was shocked and embarassed. told me they weren't even swollen!!! and neither was my spleen! everything i was SO sure was abnormal and i wasted a year of my life panicking over and its nothing. i wish i could believe it too, but ive had another doctor tell me they were normal when i first found them, and i ended up asking my dentist to feel the ones in my neck, and he said they were normal too. my doctor told me if you are on the thin side, you will be able to feel all kinds of lumps and bumps! i just suggest not looking LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
A lot of blood flow to the pelvis with your pregnancy, it's no surprise that they are a bit swollen.  Very thin people can often feel their groin lymph nodes, and even not so thin ones can sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:55:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies! I thought maybe what I'm feeling had to do with pregnancy but I couldn't find any info related to that. I don't even know if what I'm feeling are all nodes. Could they be fatty deposits or tendons?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: