Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymph nodes revisited  (Read 189 times)

Offline vwgreen

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymph nodes revisited
« on: January 22, 2014, 06:32:06 PM »
SO. i posted on here around this time last year about lymph nodes i can feel in various places, neck armpits groin. its worth mentioning that these nodes have not grown in the year and a bit ive been monitoring, and i have no symptoms of lymphoma. first doctor i asked about them was like what? no they arent even swollen. alright. i  accepted that for about a month. then began to freak out again. i dealt with it for about a year. just poking them unmercifully. i went to the dentist a few months ago, and i had him feel them too. he said "he didnt feel anything out of the ordinary." accepted that for a few days, anxiety kicks in. i FINALLY made an appointment with my GP, had him feel all of them. He too says they arent swollen. i had also become obsessed with the fact that my spleen was enlarged, i was SO sure it was. turns out its not. i was there not even 2 hours ago and already im driving myself nuts with what if's! "what if he missed something?" "what if he missed the one im worried about most?" i dont know why i cant accept the fact that 2 doctors and a dentist cant find anything. i need help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymph nodes revisited
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
if 3 doctors felt your glands and said they noticed nothing.....there is nothing....all 3 of them went to medical school for many years and they wld have felt 1000s ...if they think nothing is wrong at all.....be happy you are fine keep sayinf that to yourself ..you are fine... they wld nothice the smallest thing ...really believe me......
Bookmark and Share

Offline vwgreen

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymph nodes revisited
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:50:51 AM »
thank you. i am trying so hard to stop touching and forget about it. dont know why i cant let go. i feel like i have a close relationship with that fear and when it goes away i wont know what to do with myself. how horribly sad the psychological aspect of hypochondria is :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: