Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: First scared of a blood clot, now worried about breast cancer?  (Read 130 times)

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First scared of a blood clot, now worried about breast cancer?
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
Hi there,
So 2 weeks ago I was concerned about a blood clot. I was on BC with some breathing troubles and leg pain- it turned out to just be anxiety.

A few months ago I noticed my right breast felt thicker. I just stopped breast feeding a year ago, and so I have been trying to adjust to my breasts again as they feel different.  I left it thinking it would go away. Well just this past week I have been having pain in only one breast. It feels hard and like a few small lumps.

In October I had a breast exam done by a doctor and he said things seem fine. By it wasn't until after that I noticed my right breast felt different.  My  period is he shortly, should I wait and re-evaluate? How much should I be worried? I have NO history of breast cancer in my family, just had bloodwork completed to get lie insurance which came back clear and my bloodwork from the hospital showed an elevated d diamer (clotting) which I have read can be present when there is cancer (however I am thinking it was the birth control that was responsible).

I don't want to go to my doctor again. I was there just 2 weeks  ago, and hVe been there every week  for the last 6 months!! At the same time I am 27 and just want to make sure I don't ignore anything important.

There always seems to be something. Why can't I shake these fears? Why can't I stop finding symptoms? I just want to live y life without the fear I'm ignoring something life threatening. I also want I get pregnant again in less than a year and I want to be healthy for it!

Oh sure. And as I finish this there is a commercial about breast cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: First scared of a blood clot, now worried about breast cancer?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:28:59 PM »
Some women here can give you better answer but if you had ultrasound/mammography in October there is no need to go now.

and hVe been there every week  for the last 6 months!!

This should be your answer if it's anxiety or something serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
Thank you for your quick response hypo!

Sorry I meant I have been every month, not every week! My brain is on the fritz. I didn't have a mammogram but just a hand examination.

The thickness and soreness upsets me. I just know my doctor is going to be unimpressed if I am there again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »
My mom was diagnosed last year with breast cancer...usually the lump is the first thing women notice or they don't notice anything. My mother found it on regular yearly screening.

I am sure it's anxiety in your case, and no history of BC in your family + your age strongly point to that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: