Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OMG Gastro Dr ordered colonoscopy. Scared to death.  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: OMG Gastro Dr ordered colonoscopy. Scared to death.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »
PS - just to let everyone know how bad my HA is this whole obsession with stool started last January when I swore I had pancreatic cancer. I was inspecting my stool because they were lighter in color which I now know was sue to my healthy eating and exercise. Thy stress caused a great deal of constipation and pellet stools that were hard and painful to pass. That's when I noticed the streaking start. Before all I this I was a flush in a rush type person. NEVER looked at my poop ever. Now I check each one with a flash light! Lordy Day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline littlered89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 01:39:24 AM »
Hi Lindsay,

I saw your post and totally understand your fear. I've worried about colon cancer for years and I finally have a colonoscopy scheduled. I'm terrified to say the least. I'm in my twenties and while I know colon cancer is really unlikely at my age, I continually Google and find stories of people my age who have been diagnosed. Did you end up getting the colonoscopy yet? If so, I hope it all went ok. This health anxiety is just terrible. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 08:15:30 AM »
Hi lindsay,

I know how it feels to wait for your test. We all have. It sucks to say the least.

Be assured that the fact that your doctor did not order it immediately means he or she has less reasons to think that it is something serious.

Try to enjoy your vacation for yourself and family!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »
Hello. Nope I canceled my colonoscopy for Feb 6. I am just not in the right mind frame right now. I am
Trying to not let me HA take over me like it has been. I know it would be best to have one and I might do it in march but so far my stool has been normal no bleeding and i don't have ANY other CC symptoms, none. I have all the symptoms of hems so I am now going with that. I do not want my HA to continue to ruine my life.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: