Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about stools, burning, and digestive system, help please!  (Read 1086 times)

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about stools, burning, and digestive system, help please!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »
That is when I see the blood as well... after a nice, normal size, normal consistency BM.  The lighter colored onces are usually less firm, and seem to be more acidic.  The worst part?  I logically know that BM color changes can be affected by food, beverages, activity, stress, and a dozen other day-to-day things, but I always FREAK when they lean more toward the golden or yellowish hue.  As I said earlier, I had a full blood panel in October, and NOTHING was out of whack (my LFT was perfectly normal as well).  I can understand your reluctance to get your colonoscopy... it took me  weeks to get up the nerve to have a routine blood panel done!  I'm sure you'll be fine, but you're in my prayers anyway.  Hugs
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 07:56:52 PM »
You know my obsession with my stool actually started when I noticed a lighter stool color. I remember seeing something about pancreatic cancer and pale stool. My stool was a mix of light brown and dark brown and I FREAKED. Ok I mean like ran to my phone to google pancreatic cancer. So from that day on (one year ago) I have been obsessed with my stool. I went from pancreatic cancer fears to colon cancer fears. I honestly have anxiety attacks while having a BM. I shake and my heart races in fear of what i will see. I have went as far as inspecting my stools. Anxiety is brutal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
I inspect them too...it's an awful habit.  Most folks go, wipe and flush.  And yes, pancreatic cancer did cross my mind, but I simply cannot afford to entertain those thoughts (I spent all last jJuly and august researching PC and had a major meltdown).  Im fairly sure if it were PC I would be losing weight, vomiting and having almost white/gray stools with horrible pain in certain areas..   It's a scary disease.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7