Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about stools, burning, and digestive system, help please!  (Read 658 times)

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
 :fragend005:  I've had fibromyalgia for 17 years, so I never know if my symptoms are related.  Anyhow, for the past 3-4 weeks I've been under stress, and I've had slight burning after I urinate, and also after a BM.  Occasionally the stools are loosed and a  light, golden-brown, and lately they feel acidic (I even get small streaks of blood on the ttoilet tissue.  Every morning after showering. I blow dry the area and dab Desitin ung to get thru the workday.  I had a full blood panel with LFT back in October (all normal), but I can't figure out wwhat's causing this irritation.  Last week I bought a nutribullet and began drinking green smoothies with spinach, banana, celery, carrots, almond milk and protein powder.  They give me great energy levels, but the stinging and occasional yellow-brown stools and stinging (both with urine or bm) continue.  Has anyone else had similar issues?  If so, what helped / hurt?  Please be gentle with replies...I'm having massive anxiety over this at the moment.  Gentle hugs .
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: WARNING: Disgusing stuff about stools, urine, acidity.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
I should add that the occasional lighter stools are nothing new...had them on and off for years.  For some reason, I've allowed myself to surf, and I'm having so much anxiety right now.  Please help :(
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: WARNING: Disgusing stuff about stools, urine, acidity.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:28:32 AM »
Could you possibly have a urinary/yeast infection and hemorrhoids which are separately causing the stinging after using the toilet?  Loose bowel movements could also be what you're eating/drinking and if your making a lot of green smoothies that could contribute to looser stools.  If the color is nothing new, it might just be your normal.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about stools, burning, and digestive system, help please!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »
Thanks Air (love your avatar).  I don't have yeast infection symptoms (no vaginal issues), but I'm beginning menopause (49) and I've heard the tissue thins.  Also, I started the green drinks because of this issue...so the symptoms were already there.  I'm so over this :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
I went through the menopause issues with that, after I'd urinate it would really burn and the whole vaginal area would have the "cool" feeling (like if you were eating a peppermint pattie and breathed in) it was a horrible feeling!  The burning and "coolness" would get so bad sometimes I'd sit in the tub to relieve it.  (I am 2 years post, that never happens anymore... so if it is menopause related it will go away)  If it IS what I said, don't blowdry the area, the problem is from it being overly dry and you would be making it worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
Hi there! Do you have burning continue after the BM as well?
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »
Sunlover; I hope ur right!  And yes, I have burning and a small bit of bleeding after BM...for about 3 weeks now
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
Nyt- I PM'd you.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »
I sometimes get a burning pain after passing a soft stool. Not even liquid but a nice normal comfortable BM. My stool also ranges in color from a golden brown to dark brown. The lighter stools are the ones that tend to burn. So weird. I have been having extreme colon cancer anxiety for a year now after noticing bright red streaking (very small amounts) on my hard stools. My Gastro recommended a colonoscopy and I'm absolutely terrified of what she will find. Your issue sounds a lot like an anal fissure. They are very common and will burn. Is your burning only with passing stool?
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »
I misunderstood about the burning.  Usually after I've left the bathroom and applied a bit of Desitin, I'm okay for the day.  Sunlover... I completely understand what you're saying about not over-drying the area (funny thing, when I was young I was trying to keep things dry to prevent UTI's and yeast infections... now that I'm 49, I'm trying to keep things moist! ) Geez, does it ever end? LOL   :sad0147:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »
That is when I see the blood as well... after a nice, normal size, normal consistency BM.  The lighter colored onces are usually less firm, and seem to be more acidic.  The worst part?  I logically know that BM color changes can be affected by food, beverages, activity, stress, and a dozen other day-to-day things, but I always FREAK when they lean more toward the golden or yellowish hue.  As I said earlier, I had a full blood panel in October, and NOTHING was out of whack (my LFT was perfectly normal as well).  I can understand your reluctance to get your colonoscopy... it took me  weeks to get up the nerve to have a routine blood panel done!  I'm sure you'll be fine, but you're in my prayers anyway.  Hugs
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 07:56:52 PM »
You know my obsession with my stool actually started when I noticed a lighter stool color. I remember seeing something about pancreatic cancer and pale stool. My stool was a mix of light brown and dark brown and I FREAKED. Ok I mean like ran to my phone to google pancreatic cancer. So from that day on (one year ago) I have been obsessed with my stool. I went from pancreatic cancer fears to colon cancer fears. I honestly have anxiety attacks while having a BM. I shake and my heart races in fear of what i will see. I have went as far as inspecting my stools. Anxiety is brutal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
I inspect them too...it's an awful habit.  Most folks go, wipe and flush.  And yes, pancreatic cancer did cross my mind, but I simply cannot afford to entertain those thoughts (I spent all last jJuly and august researching PC and had a major meltdown).  Im fairly sure if it were PC I would be losing weight, vomiting and having almost white/gray stools with horrible pain in certain areas..   It's a scary disease.
Bookmark and Share