Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety problems.  (Read 142 times)

Offline Loulou77

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety problems.
« on: January 22, 2014, 07:22:49 AM »
Hi everyone I've come to this forum in the hope I can find some help and understanding of how to control my anxiety. I didn't even know it was anxiety and I felt like I was dying, I recently split with my husband and was broken hearted & lost everything and was humiliated you can probably guess what happened, this all happened 7 months ago and I've struggled since but didn't have any symptoms until 7 weeks ago, I now have night sweats, I'm losing my hair, my body now jolts and tremors, numbness & aching in my left hand side and I have terrible feeling in my heart and chest, and I hear things in my ears, and I seem to twitch about 30 times a day, from what I have now read and my doctor has said it seems I have severe anxiety. I've had blood tests & blood culture and the hospital and it's all clear so it seems this is all stress related. Has anyone else ever experienced anxiety this bad? Any comments are greatly appreciated as I'm feeling terrible and need to know I'm not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety problems.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »
Hi Loulou, and welcome to Anxiety Zone.  You are not alone; you are among understanding friends...

All the sensations and effects that you are experiencing, certainly fall into the category of anxiety.  I am glad that you have seen your physician, and have ruled-out any physical conditions.  That is always a good, first step.  Have you done anything specific, to treat your anxiety?

I see a psychiatrist, and she is in charge of my mental health.  A psychiatrist can provide you with a diagnosis, prescribe medication (if necessary), and develop a treatment plan.  I am on a anti-depressant, Celexa (Citalopram), and it has really helped me.

I will be seeing a psychologist next week, to begin cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  I'm looking forward to starting that.

If you have any questions, submit them on the forum here on Anxiety Zone.  There are many wonderful people here that will respond.

The very best to you, Loulou!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline pearljamfan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:36:36 PM »
Hi LouLou, I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I have experienced many of the symptoms that you report as well. I think a lot of what you have said is stress related. It sounds like you have had a rough period of time over the past year. Continued stress can do a number on the body and cause many of the things you mentioned as well as anxiety.

I know that things get really hard sometimes and it looks like there is no way out or any good change will take forever to come. You have to try and remain positive and try to reduce the stressors in your life or try and deal with them in a different way. If you are like me and have to be part of everything you will have to learn to let things go sometimes. I think a therapist would help you a lot and maybe someone to prescribe something for you in the short-term to help you get through this time till things get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SebScoles

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »
Hi LouLou,

I agree with the above posters, both some form of CBT and realising you have to let go of what you can't control would be good starting points.

I split with my ex last year and can understand how this magnifies any anxiety we may already have into an unmanageable beast. At the beginning it is all about breaking it down into small steps.

Write down all the things you do have some semblance of control over and work on those, I can HONESTLY say this does work and is the only way I dug myself out of an almighty hole.

Best,

Seb
Bookmark and Share

Tags: