Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Unbearable.  (Read 188 times)

Offline KidChido

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Unbearable.
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
Its been a while since I posted but I could really use some support right now. Had Depersonalization for about a year now. Needless to say its really bad. It forced me out of school and it isolated me from my family,friends and my self. And has me trapped in my house. Now i'll explain how i feel which is pretty hard to do right now. Alright so I basically feel like a little person trapped inside a strangers head just watching him live and do things. I'm not doing these things. My actions are not mine they are some one elses. I'm completely detached from my body, my mind and my surroundings. Sometimes I become so self aware of my existence that it's just unbearable. My sense of self and my identity are gone. I feel like a whole new person. A stranger. It has just completely altered my life and flipped it upside down. I'm so anxious and confused. I cant function anymore. I havent left my house in weeks. I cant communicate people because they just seem so strange. The whole concept seems strange and overwhelming now. I just sit in my room and watch this strange persons life fly by.
Bookmark and Share

Offline scb07d

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Unbearable.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:25:36 AM »
Sorry that you're experiencing this kind of dissociation. Unfortunately, the best way to improve your situation is to continue to live your life *despite* how you're feeling. When you begin making concessions, it fuels the anxiety and pushes you deeper into a hole.

I know it really sucks, but essentially, you're probably going to have to accept the fact that (at least for a period of time) this is how you're going to have to function in the world. It's not fun, I know. You have to be willing to experience life like this in order to move forward though...

Also, you're most likely not going to find any kind of cure for how you feel without changing the situations outside your self. If you continue digging inside yourself looking for a way to recover your sense of self or some kind of clarity, it'll get worse I think.

But yeah, the level of disconnection you feel has to become bearable for things to get better. =/
Bookmark and Share

Offline mynameisb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Unbearable.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 03:38:45 AM »
I feel the same way... I can't even imagine a whole year with that. But you're not alone... We just have to keep living and i'm sure we will get out of this. I feel better after a day in school because i have to concentrate on tasks plus i talk to a lot of people. It is hard to get out of house and watch this strange world around you but i make myself do it. You have my support, I know that pain. and sorry for my English, im trying
Bookmark and Share
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
"Then I will break that curse. If there's such thing as peace, I will find it. I won't give up!"
~Uzumaki Naruto~

Tags: