Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Life of a stressed out college student.  (Read 108 times)

Offline obscure-fiction

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Life of a stressed out college student.
« on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:47 PM »
So, I just joined because I also need to find people to relate to with the anxiety issues I face. This past year I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression, but my anxiety is probably the worst part of all of this. Especially in the social aspect of it. I'm currently in college to be a software developer/game developer eventually. I hope to dual major in psychology once in university.. if I get there.

But anyway.... I have a lot of issues committing to things, especially going to class. I am very much the type to avoid, and become sick or even faint if I get too anxious. I don't usually talk much in classes.. and I find this strange as I work fast-food that requires social interaction, and have no trouble with it. I really just hope to find some possible suggestions from a vast community of people with similar experience. A lot of the time my anxiety is so constant I cannot think clearly, I was very glad to find this forum.

I think the worst part of the whole college thing is that I've set myself up with very high grades, and now feel pressured to repeat those or feel the intense disappointment from myself, and fear of doing so for my family. I do hope to become a part of this community though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Life of a stressed out college student.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:50:40 PM »
Hi obscure

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Good luck to you, and again welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: