Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Possible Pinched Nerve or Piriformis Muscle?  (Read 189 times)

Offline gvjaguar

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Possible Pinched Nerve or Piriformis Muscle?
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »
So basically here's the short story:

I started working as a cashier and began standing long hours during the day. About half way through my shift during the first couple weeks I started having really bad pain in my feet and lower back, mainly due to wearing dress shoes that weren't meant to be stood on for hours at a time. Well, now that it's a couple months later I noticed that when I sit down I sometimes get a weird vibrating/buzzing/twitching sensation basically in my bottom butt/bottom of my thigh that lasts for a few seconds and then subsides.

The thing is, when I stretch it and pull my knee to my opposite shoulder, I can induce the vibration/buzzing to start and last for a few seconds - does this sound like a pinched nerve or piriformis syndrome? I'm hoping since I can make the vibrations/twitching happen by stretching my leg in a particular way that it's nothing too serious, but I was wondering if anybody had similar experiences. When I'm standing, I rarely ever get these muscle vibrations/twitches. Thank you for your time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anonandanxious

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Possible Pinched Nerve or Piriformis Muscle?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »
If you can trigger the sensation via a specific movement / position, then it's definitely, absolutely some type of nerve impingement.  Absolutely nothing to worry about.

You might simply try stretching every morning (focus on the hamstrings, calfs, and even your feet) and doing some light exercises (squats, lunges, maybe some situps) to see if that helps loosen things up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: