Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Job loss = ha through the roof  (Read 136 times)

Online Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Job loss = ha through the roof
« on: January 21, 2014, 11:37:10 AM »
I lost my main job yesterday with no explication given. It's either because I'm pregnant or because I called the owner out on trying to pay employees under the table. My husband was recently fired from the same company. Now rent is due in 9 days and my other two jobs only bring in about $300 a month. We have a 10 month old son. I'm beyond stressed. I can't sleep. My whole body feels tense. Then I was looking up ways to cope with job loss. I got some good advice about keeping a routine and setting a schedule every day. But I also read that suggesting a job loss increases your chance of a heart attack by 22%. Why did I have to see that?  So then I looked up the study and they took into account other risk factors such has smoking, high blood pressure, obesity, etc., and it STILL increased it by that much. I'm  out of my mind. Which makes it worse. I can't relax about this. And I'm scared it's killing me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Job loss = ha through the roof
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:23:57 PM »
Just because you have a job loss, does not mean you will get sick. Unless someone is in your shoes, it is tough
for them to understand what you are dealing with. I have had some pretty tough times myself. My mother passed away in 2012,
my father, uncle and a pet passed away in 2013, and in 2014, I lost a big client, got a virus , missed my vacation and lost
$1,679 on the trip. At least my wife and 23 year old daughter were not made at me for the monetary loss.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
I'm sorry you had such a rough few years. My heart attack symptoms are through the roof today, and I'm very close to giving in and going to the ER. I can't shake the feeling that it's a stress induced heart attack this time. The pain keeps getting so bad that it brings me to tears.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »
You poor thing....remember try to relax I truely believe these feelings are all anxiety and stress....its terrible what you are going through and of course your body is going crazy ....take deep breathe , try relax ..its just anxiety adn you and your family will get through this
Bookmark and Share

Online Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:47:56 PM »
I want to believe that it's all anxiety so badly. I'd give almost anything to believe that!  But the pain won't stop, which makes it impossible to relax, and I'm stuck with all of the what it's. I spent half an hour sitting in my car talking myself out of going to the ER, but I really don't know how much longer I can fight it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 07:06:32 PM »
i think it is anxiety....try and do something distracting...something u really like...have a chat ..walk ...bubble bath ???? for babies sake as well as your own you nned relax a bit......
Bookmark and Share

Tags: