Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Poll : what started your hypochondria  (Read 1086 times)

Online breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Poll : what started your hypochondria
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 08:50:42 PM »
Ive had it every now and then but it never got really bad til i started working at the hospital and seeing others who had severe illnesses or disabilities which scared the crap out of me. Ever since then I have been worried that I have something as I became anxious, dizzy, tired and having tingling sensations
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roberta

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
In 2010 I thought I had a stomach bug.  Turned really bad and ended up being a severely infected gallbladder and had emergency surgery.  Then in 2013 I had a pimple on my chest.  I finally went for a checkup and found out it was skin cancer.  I didn't worry about either one of those and they ended up being bad, so now any tiny think I feel the need to freak out about. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rikita

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 08:21:35 AM »
I think i've always been an anxious person. But for me it really started at the last year of high school. My 2 "favorites" if you can call them  :fragend005: are MS and HIV fears. I think that these diseases have been in the media a lot and that is why I started to obbsess about them. My anxiety causes MS like symptoms, which come and go. My HA also comes and goes. Right now I have quite a bit of health anxiety and I am trying to cope with the help of therapy. It is annoying that these setbacks come with HA, I thought I was doing so well and then I read something or see something and my brain goes automatically back to thinking these old scary thougts and then I want to see a doctor :) I'm sure many of you feel the same.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryanjay

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 08:54:04 AM »
Reading about people dying from various illnesses. Such as people who suddenly die of heart failure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
I have always had periods of severe anxiety over the years, but in October 2012 a young (under 30) family friend was diagnosed with a very bad brain cancer.  She died in Feb of 2014 around the same time I had a very prolonged and severe sinus infection (with all it's related head pains / pressures) and since then I have lost my mind in terms of Health Anxiety.  It weighs very heavy on me every day.  Numbness in my face / mouth and tightness in my throat are pretty bad this morning but I just try to keep going about my day and trying not to obsess over it.

Doctor says the weird numbness in my face and mouth are being caused by severe anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: