Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety well i think  (Read 118 times)

Offline kayla00

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety well i think
« on: January 21, 2014, 08:17:31 AM »
Iv been going through some weird stuff since about 3 months ago I worry a lot about my mental health and I think I have noise anxiety cause my ears are very sensitive and I have a bad feeling like I'm on edge and waiting for am extremely loud noise to happen every noise jults me I feel horrible at night and in the morning I get jolted by every little noise every noise frightens me I think of small and big noises and it gives me a very overwhelming feeling when I try to nap I have this feeling like I so scared and I feel like my heads going to explode from the emotions I feel I get this very overwhelming feeling in my head when I try to nap like my body and mind is so restless and like in some sort of panic mode when I try to sleep I have weird random thoughts that pop in my head I think of screaming and yelling a lot and Idk why when I'm really tired and falling asleep I get jolted awake by weird random noises and voices and its really scaring I hope its not serious I read that its cause I'm tired and stress but still:( I also see random imaginas when I close my eyes when I'm falling asleep my ears ring and buzz constantly I just found out I'm big polar I started lithium a few weeks ago not at therapeutic level yet its still very knew I heard it helps with depression and anxiety as well as mood swings I'm hoping it will iv NEVER felt like this iv always been calm and happy and a chill person with no worries iv been through a lot and iv been strong and positive but not things are getting to me my moms wasn't around much cause she was a bad method head my dad is an alcoholic who could be very mean there's been tremendous fighting between my mom and dad and grandparents very loud physical frightening alarming fights my dad threatened to commit ***** in front of me iv been going through a lot of stress and fighting and yelling with my bf he hit me :( iv not been doing great in school I just feel real bad right now and I'm scared I won't go back to normal can anybody please give me there input on this if u can relate or have anything to say please help I'm really concerned:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety well i think
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:23:32 AM »
Hi kayla,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Kayla, I'm sorry you've been struggling.  It sounds like you have a lot of things going on, so it's no wonder that you are experiencing stress and anxiety.  Anxiety can cause SO many symptoms.  It sounds like you are on the right track.  You've  been to your doc and you're taking medication.   You should also ask your doctor about therapy.  I think it would be good for you to have someone to help you deal with all the stressful issues you having going on right now.  Also, please consider that, if your boyfriend hits you, this is not a good relationship.  You don't get to choose your parents, but you can choose your bf.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlexB888

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 01:05:48 AM »
I can relate to the sensations you describe in response to loud noises, or just noise in general, though I'm not quite sure exactly when, why, or how it started. Finding ways to control the level and the type of sound I hear, to some degree, has been helpful. Minor though this may sound, wearing earplugs has actually helped me quite a lot, particularly in terms of sleeping. It is a very peaceful sensation to be able to wake up in relative silence; I generally get a better night's sleep, and having external sounds drowned out or at least muted first thing in the morning gives me more of a chance to adjust and mentally stabalize myself ahead of a stressful day. Of course, this isn't practical in all situations, particularly if you have to be up at a certain time and can't afford to oversleep.

Listening to music or any audio through earbud-style headphones helps me too. Earbuds have the effect of blocking out external sound to some extent as well, so it can be a more immersive experience overall.

I think these (relatively minor) things help me because they allow me to feel some control over the sound I'm hearing, whether it's something I'm familiar with or just complete silence. Consistency, or at least predictabiliy, in the volume level makes for a less jarring experience. I know a lot of people who say that they will leave the TV on throughout the day just for the sake of "background noise," which they seem to find comforting, but abrupt changes in the volume level (a commercial being louder than the show, for instance) are very noticeable and stressful for people like us.

I'm very sorry to hear about all the stress that your family & boyfriend are putting you through, and I can't help but wonder if this might have anything to do with these newer symptoms you describe. You mentioned that this really started about three months ago, was there a specific event or series of events around that time that might have triggered this? Come to think of it, I remember first experiencing these symptoms around the time my parents were threatening to get divorced, (obviously not as serious a situation as what you're going through). It's possible that with all of the additional stress a person is under when a family situation is in jeopardy, they may just crave those few, precious moments of peace & quiet more strongly, and become anxious when anything threatens to take that away. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayla00

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »
Yes I got hit by my boyfriend about 3 months ago and since then have been having very stressful family problems and boyfriend problems
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiety