Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: A question for those who suffer health anxiety  (Read 267 times)

Offline selfdiagnose

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A question for those who suffer health anxiety
« on: January 21, 2014, 02:13:27 AM »
Have any of you pictured a particular scenario in your head after you've had a test? For myself, I'm scared to hear my phone ring. I just had an MRI of my brain today because I've been experience palinopsia (visual trails of moving objects and after images). Every time I hear my phone ring, my adrenaline shoots to the top. On the other end of the line, I just know I'm going to hear the doctor call me back and tell me that I have a brain tumor. Running that scene through my head is terrifying, yet no matter how hard I try to shut that image out of my head, it just keeps popping back up, univited. I have a feeling that when I finally do get the call, it will be like playing a game of Russian roulette: a chance that I'm fine or BOOM, death sentence. I don't how I'll react if I hear that I have a malignant tumor in my brain.
Bookmark and Share
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: A question for those who suffer health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:25:21 AM »
You'll react the only way you can, by fighting to live or letting go. Maybe a zig-zaggy or linear combination of the two? Nothing you are doing right this second is going to change anything except the life you have right now by making yourself miserable. I hope for the best for you, but think you will be fine either way (P.S. I don't think you have a brain tumor).
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:59:56 AM »
I can't think of anyone who wants to be ill. It would be nerve racking for anyone waiting for a call about a
test result, as I have been through the same thing myself a number of times. Good luck and odds are you
will be fine.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Strezzed

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »
I am going through this right now as i wait for blood work. Dr is testing to see if i had a mini stoke. Dr is doing other tests to but blood work was the first and will be in soon. It is scaring thinking you have something wrong. Try to relax and it can help with mind over matter. You have to believe you are fine.
Bookmark and Share