Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: NOT GOOGLING- IS ALL THIS MY HEART?  (Read 196 times)

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
NOT GOOGLING- IS ALL THIS MY HEART?
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:23:58 AM »
Hi everyone! I am trying not to google so instead I am posting here. I am a 23 year old female with horrible health anxiety for the past six months. Lately I have been getting really bad chest pain (GI doc says I have acid reflux and gastritis) as well as nausea and gas, but I also occasionally feel dizzy/lightheaded which I chalk up to anxiety. Does anyone think this could be a heart condition?? I took a fitness test to apply for a gym membership about a week ago and passed after she checked my exercise pulse, resting pulse, blood pressure, etc. Would something have shown up? Also I usually exercise about an hour a day, treadmill, elliptical, etc, without any noticeable increase in chest pain. What are my chances at my age and sex??? Need some reassurance and also help cuz I am NOT GOOGLING.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: NOT GOOGLING- IS ALL THIS MY HEART?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:46:08 AM »
No? Help....
Bookmark and Share

Offline thesilentdiva

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: NOT GOOGLING- IS ALL THIS MY HEART?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 03:31:17 AM »
I have the same symptoms and have been to a cardiologist when I was younger and had no problems. they did an ultrasound on my heart and had me wear a holter monitor for 24 hrs, so it was very thorough. my heart does flip flops, skips and everything. sometimes It is really gastro but it just feels like heart. esp sometimes when I lie down. I  have had dizzy/lightheaded since I was in high school and im 30 now. damn near a day does not pass that I don't have some episode , even if it's just a slight feeling. unless im going to the gym regular, that's how I know it's anxiety. not to mention ive had every test under the sun thinking it was something else including an MRI brain scan. and I was fine. many times as anxiety sufferers we hyperventilate and this is what causes the dizzy feeling ive read. or we r dizzy for a normal reason like, say, getting up from a seat too fast and this scares us, thinking it's anxiety or something serious...then we hyperventilate and the cycle continues. I feel ur pain cause for me dizzy/lighthead is my most troubling symptom
Bookmark and Share

Tags: