Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just gonna do it  (Read 436 times)

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just gonna do it
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 06:20:09 PM »
Quite a few people so have anxiety that happened out of the blue - including myself. And those type of people are prime candidates for NOT solving it with medication because it happened acutely.

Why are you dissing someone to not take medication on a Medication forum?  Yes, you're entitled to not take medication, and you're also entitled to your own negative opinions about medication, but in this forum, you can expect others to want to be on medication, due to its nature.  It's titled the *Medication* forum.

It's almost as if this is a Christianity forum, and regardless of what religious beliefs you hold, you tell the forum members to not believe in Christianity.   WTF?  Just go to another forum where others don't believe in Christianity, if these are the beliefs you prefer, and you'll feel more comfortable there, instead of having other people adopt your views, just to make you feel comfortable.
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline insights

• Rec's: 85
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 07:20:12 PM »
It's your choice. Surely you'd want to not have a psychological and physiological dependence rather than fixing the deeper issues.

Do you have any evidence that "fixing" the deeper issues will cure the problem because I don't know of any? The best psychotherapies for anxiety and depression, the cognitive and/or behavioural (CBT, REBT, etc), and/or mindfulness therapies do not generally delve into the "deeper issues" but concentrate on the patients reactions to anxiety and depression and finding ways of being able to live with them.

Freudian therapy which does go into the "deeper issues" is horse manure. Freud himself never cured a single patient, indeed when noted psychologist Hans Eysenck examined all of Freud's surviving patients in the late 50s/early 60s he found they were all, repeat all, worse off for the experience. Even Freud acknowledged the ineffectiveness of his therapy towards the end. He ends a chapter about its problems in his "An Outline of Psycho-Analysis" first published in 1949 with:

"Those who have been following our discussion only out of therapeutic interest will perhaps be turned away in contempt of this admission. But here we are concerned with therapy only in so far as it works by psychological means; and for the time being we have no other. The future may teach us to exercise a direct influence, by means of particular chemical substances, on the amounts of energy and their distribution in the mental apparatus. It may be that there are still other still undreamt-of possibilities of therapy. But for the moment we have nothing better at our disposal," (p62, Standard Edition, WW Norton & Company, NY, 1989) - My emphasis

Freud was right on both counts, we do now have reasonably effective "chemical means" for treating mental disorders, and there are much better therapies. Therapies which don't deal with the past, but the here and now. When they can be affordably accessed then they should be considered the preferred first line treatment, but cost is a limitation for many, as can be access to trained therapists. However, they are definitely not one shot cures, and, as with antidepressants, they don't help everyone. In both cases only about 65-70% get worthwhile results. Unfortunately, it is mostly the same 65-70%.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 11:43:54 PM »
Yes , I've gotten every single blood test known to man from head to toe ... I go for general bloodwork Thursday I'm gonna ask him to run it again just in case
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 11:45:52 PM »
And my other is a nutritionist so I eat healthy (gluten free), take my fish oil everyday and the whole 9 yards
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »
Yes I have ohsyically gotten every blood test done from thyroid to vitamins and minerals to adrenal function to Candida albicans etc etc.... There's liter nothing wrong with me , my mom a nutritionist also and I eat a healthy gluten free diet that's why I don't get it
Bookmark and Share

Tags: