Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hearing and tinnitus  (Read 218 times)

Offline matt1990

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hearing and tinnitus
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »
I had a tire blow up by my ear as a kid and ever since there has been mild tinnitus and I swear my right ear is worse than the left. I had a hearing test after that incident and they said it was normal. I sometimes noticed in the cafeteria at school the noises of everyone talking at once would blur together and make it harder for me to understand a friend next to me.

Recently the tinnitus is really bothering me and I am afraid of my hearing becoming worse. When I cover one ear at a time my left ear sounds crisper and louder where the tone of my right ear is lower, dimmer and slightly muffled. At night when I lay my ear down on a pillow I hear the crinkle noises less on my right than my left.

I did google this and it seems a lot of people have an ear that sounds different from the other. I do notice that when I am anxious or thinking about my hearing or tinnitus it becomes more bothersome and with my OCD it is very hard to ignore. I have been exposed to very loud noises as a metal fabricator by trade for going on 8 years but I do always wear hearing protection around loud noises.

I was just wondering if anybody else has an ear that sounds different than the other. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hearing and tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:53:11 AM »
I have tinnitus in my right ear, always gets worse when I have anxiety, or listen to loud music. No idea where it came from. Left ear is fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: