Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: please tell me this is anxiety  (Read 881 times)

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: please tell me this is anxiety
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 05:52:49 PM »
Look up "sympathetic nervous system" on google. Read how it affects the body and then you'll see how it actually is physical in nature.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
I totally understand! I've been having weird facial pressure since October and head pressure for the past 2 weeks. I thought it was a sinus tumor but ct scan was clear. Now I'm worried its a brain tumor and thinking I should see a neurologist. I've had three doctors tell me it's not a brain tumor but I'm not convinced. My family thinks its stress, worry, and anxiety over major life change (went from career woman to stay at home mom) and my dh travelling more and to dangerous places. I've felt stress before and it never manifested itself in my head as pressure. So I'm stuck wondering if its really anxiety or if I should see a neuro for an MRI.  And I have the same worries of doubting the doctors, dying, etc. I'm guessing all of that just makes the anxiety and stress worse.

But to help some- I did read somewhere that if you have a brain tumor a doctor would know something was up and send you to the right place. If they had even a doubt they would take action. Plus a brain tumor apparently causes major symptoms not just headaches or pressure.

Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
Facial pressure is NOT a brain tumor. You've had 3 doctors tell you this, accept the diagnosis or you'll forever be a prisoner to your own torment. It's difficult - I know. But you've got to reign in the anxiety or you'll drive yourself crazy chasing phantoms.

Anxiety manifests itself physically.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 01:34:55 AM »
Does that even include weight loss???? I have lost just over half a stone since end of august? I eat regularly, don't exercise at month, but do a 10 minute school walk 4 times a day.

Can I really loose that much through anxiety???

Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 01:43:59 AM »
OMG perc19  I am having the EXACT same thing happening to me, including the weight loss. I have nausea, dizziness, weird pains that happen throughout my body, stomach aches, fatigue, EVERYTHING. I have been to two separate GI docs, a Neurologist, and an OBGYN, and everyone seems to think I am okay. I am going insane though! I have started taking Prozac as well as going to CBT, so hopefully that will start to help. The problem is all my symptoms are VERY real and seem imminent and important to me, I feel like no one else could be feeling this way because of anxiety and just be going on with their lives. I am reassured you are feeling this way, I hope we get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »
And you have reassured me also!!!!

I just don't get it, I have never had anxiety come out in my head, upset tummy yes, headaches no,  never ever really had headaches! The last year has been a stressful one, I am hopeful that the headaches are easing, but scared to say it out loud in case they get so much worse! Although I do get some kind of head sensation everyday, but I hate these rush feelings in my head, I hate the feelings inside me of perhaps nausea or just some horrible feeling that I struggle to explain. I feel lightheaded and sometimes jittery, my legs feel odd, my insides, the dizziness, its just horrible and I hope the doctors are right! Everytime I get a new symptom I get scared again.

Wonder how long beta blockers take too work - scared I won't make it till next Thursday when I am back at doctors! :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline chasingdogma

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • How I Choose to Feel is How I Am
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 01:52:37 PM »
But what if the doctors are wrong and everyone is just waiting for me to have a fit or pass out or something.

What happens if the beta blockers are easing the headaches and therefore I don't know if they are getting worse????

Can I beg for an mri or bloodtests?

Beta blockers would not ease a headache caused by brain tumor. They WOULD help with headaches caused by high blood pressure. Tumors cause headaches by pressing against existing structures in the brain. You would also likely have dizziness, nausea and perhaps other issues going on.

Epilepsy is marked by seizures. If you aren't having seizures, you likely aren't epileptic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
Thank you for your advice chasingdogma! I appreciate your thoughts.

The scary thing is though that I have had and still getting nausea and dizziness!!!!!!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 03:23:40 AM »
Now I have woken up this morning - with a cold, it was coming yesterday. So I have bent down to get some clothes for washing and had pain all over top of my head.

I have sniffed, coughed and sneezed this morning and during so have experienced a painful head pain and some pressure on top of head and the back of my head- so is this my cold or is it a progressing headache?????? Indicating brain problems???
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 04:35:30 AM »
It's probably just a cold. Haven't you ever felt headaches during a cold?
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 01:40:09 AM »
Yes you are probably right, it is probably beause of my cold, but you see this is what has become so frustrating and upsetting as I try really hard to wake up and be positive, the beta blockers I believe have helped the anxiety symptoms, but I'm still having headaches and because of this, my worries come back because the pain and sensations in my head are still there! So if this is purely anxiety how long do I have to go on like this?????? Because this is what stresses me out and makes me feel like crap waiting for the next pain and waiting for the next scary sensation in my head and this is what keeps the brain tumour/anuerysm/epilepsy and any other fear over my brain alive!!!!!

:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 05:48:43 AM »
I understand where you're coming from absolutely. But when the next pain happens you need to tell yourself "this is simply anxiety" and really believe in it. It's a chicken/egg situation. Anxiety creates more anxiety and it's never ending if you let it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chasingdogma

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • How I Choose to Feel is How I Am
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 03:46:35 PM »
It sounds to me like a sinus infection. You have sinuses behind your eyes, above them and on top of your skull. An infection will cause pain (acute sometimes when bending over) as well as dizziness, nausea, ear problems, drainage, stuffiness and headaches.

Of course, I'm not a doctor.... would probably be best to ask him/her.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: