Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Tingling, shortness of breath help!  (Read 108 times)

Offline cindee56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tingling, shortness of breath help!
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »
Hi,

For the past few months I was experiencing panic and anxiety due to an actual health scare which turned out to be completely fine.  HOWEVER since October I have gone through a barage of weird symptoms and I am starting to wonder can this actually be anxiety............???

For the past month I was gasping for air and Ativan helped to take the edge off that.  Then there was the back and chest pain then there was the aching in the left side of my back, then just when I thought I was getting over all this crap I started having tingling in my feet and hands and couple times I have woke up with my arm or leg asleep....

The tingling has subsided substantially and I thought maybe I was getting over all this and today the shortness of breath started again....

HELP!!!! Has anyone had these symptoms or thought you were over the hump only to have some or all of these symptoms return.  What I can't understand is I am not stressed at the moment...?  I was very stressed 2-3 months ago...but now that things are calming down I am feeling awful.

Any comments are appreciated :(
Cindee
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tingling, shortness of breath help!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:36:57 AM »
Totally normal for anxiety.

Anxiety does not necessarily need one to feel anxious right at that moment - it's about subtle cues the brain picks up on that make it believe there is some kind of threat. The sympathetic nervous system then takes the lead from there. Random twitching, tingling, breathing issues, shortness of breathe, pre syncope, globus, hot flashes, clamminess, etc. etc. all anxiety. The brain/body is on extra duty.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: