Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Strange Feeling On Back Of Head?  (Read 192 times)

Offline bengalsreds20

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Strange Feeling On Back Of Head?
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:50:49 AM »
So I'm wondering what exactly to say or what this is but on the top of the back of my head I feel as if there is a big bulge there.  I'm not sure if it feels hard or soft but it feels quite large.  Am I just feeling the back of my scalp?  Of course my anxiety is telling me it's a tumor on my head.  I don't know exactly how to explain it but I'm kind of in a panic state.  I've been doing well recently and got over my lymphoma fears since I've been put on an anti depressant but now this is legitimately scaring me pretty bad right now.  Any advice?  Is this just a normal thing or should I be worried?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange Feeling On Back Of Head?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:02:23 AM »
I find it a little amusing that you have just asked on a forum whether you are just feeling the back of your scalp lol. If you have never noticed it being this large before, then I would seek advice. I wouldn't worry though.

I have actually had times where I have been feeling around my head and started worrying about lumps and bumps. I also feel across my forehead and it feels like there are little cracks in there. If you poke and prod, feel and touch your body for too long, you will inevitably start to find things lol. Maybe just stop playing with it and ask other people who can actually see you? Ask someone you know if they can see what you think you feel.

But other than that, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bengalsreds20

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:45:26 AM »
I actually just started messing around with it like 4 hours ago, maybe I just never took notice that it's just there and I'm just feeling around just to try and find things but I'm going to ask my parents tomorrow to feel it and see what they think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bengalsreds20

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:40:53 AM »
Ok I honestly don't understand what this is but there is a near baseball sized lump on the back of my head and I know it wasn't there when I took a shower this morning or I would have felt it.  I'm just wondering if I hit my head or something earlier and don't remember it?  Why would this just appear out of the blue?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bengalsreds20

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:36:43 AM »
Update, going to make an appointment with a doctor tomorrow and took some ibuprofen and I'm icing the knot currently.  I think that doing that has kind of made the swelling go down a little bit so that is some encouraging signs for me at least.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bengalsreds20

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:51:18 AM »
Just woke up and the swelling is down from where it was last night, so the knot is still there but not as big as it was last night.  I also have kind of a sore like a pimple near the area that has swelled up and I've been told that it's an ingrown hair that was causing my head to swell up that much.  I did use a shampoo that I found in my room that was nearly a year old that I have never used before, so maybe that had something to do with it.  I don't know, just weird for my head to swell up like that.  I'm going to hold off on the doctor for now to see if the swelling goes down today more.  If not I'm getting an appointment for later or tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bengalsreds20

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »
Made an appointment with the doctor, the knot that I have on the back of my head is leaking yellow fluid.  Not much though.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: