Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New and looking for some help please  (Read 102 times)

Offline btflnvy11

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New and looking for some help please
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:35:23 PM »
Hi everyone. I am brand new here but have been reading for a long time. I have finally gotten to the point where I feel I needed to register. I was wondering if anyone could please help me. I have had sever anxiety and panic attacks for over 15 years. They come for 3 or 4 years really really bad the seem to disappear for awhile for some reason. They came back about 3 years ago but this time it is so bad I have thought I should check myself into a psych ward. I have always had severe cardiophobia. I have been tested with about 60 EKG's, 6 echo, a stress test and a holter monitor. All clean. I do have slightly elevated cholesterol that is 20 points to high but DR said I don't need meds. I am 30, female, no birth control and am about 20 lbs overweight. I am 5 foot so anything on my frame is overweight lol. I have done Attacking anxiety program, Panic away and lots others. I seemed to be getting some what of a handle on my cardiophobia and then boom, my anxiety switched gears. Right now my right calf has kept cramping for over a week and I had pain in my groin area. I went and saw a NP who said she though it was mucular as I had no redness, swelling etc. Now I am terrified it is a blood clot. I am so scared I think I am going to give myself a stroke. I have not stopped shaking and do not want to get out of my bed. Is this really a blood clot or can anxiety really change fears? I almost wish I could go back to the cardiophobia as stupid as that sounds. I have a pulse in both my feet and I think that is a good sign. Can anyone help me? I feel like if I go crying to my husband one more time he might lose it too. Thank you for reading!
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and looking for some help please
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:22:06 AM »
Hi btflnvy11,

Absolutely, panic and anxiety can cycle through to fears of new illnesses and physical problems. It is quite common for those of us with health anxiety to switch from one fear to another.  My anxiety is very often centered around heart fears but will sometimes cycle to stroke and blood clot fears.  The key for me is to work hard to accept that I am really ok and that the physical symptoms are nothing more than anxiety and that they can't really hurt me.  I know that this is much easier said than done, but acceptance and belief in myself are the only techniques that have really given me some relief from the anxiety and fears.

I would also like to say welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: