I'm new here. I just got started on Clomipramine (Anafranil) on Thursday night. I have also been taking Brintellix for 2 1/2 weeks, and I'm taking Klonopin, but I've been on that for years.
I went into a deep depression after detoxing/withdrawing from my old psych meds, which I did because I thought the Vibryd / Lexapro was causing my panic attacks (I was right, I haven't had a spontaneous or middle of the night one since I went off them).
Then I went on Zyprexa the week of Christmas because it worked well for me in the past but I'm diabetic now and it sent my sugar to dangerous levels. When I weened off that I became suicidal. Then I sunk into this horrible deep depression and tried to ***** on 12/28.
I was just waiting for the Brintellix to work but I told my Dr I couldn't handle the anxiety, even with the Klonopin I didn't want to go to the corner store.
He went through my file and was surprised I'd never been on the Anafranil, he thought I had tried it before I came to him because I'd been on so many medicines and my primary problems are panic, agoraphobia, and obsessive thoughts.
I took my first 25mg tablet Thursday night. Woke up Friday morning much calmer. I am on 25mg 3x a day.
Today I had more anxiety though so I was stupid and read the leaflet and it says an initial increase of anxiety may occur that goes away.
Did anyone ever experience that? My mom thinks that would have happened in the beginning if it was going to happen at all, not 9 doses in.
I'd be grateful for any insight on that and any other experiences anyone has had with this medicine (please no horror stories, I'll get scared and stop taking it).
Sorry this was long but I needed to give background information.
For reference, these are the medications I've tried in the past:
Zyprexa – 5mg AM , 10mg PM
· Vibryd – 40 mg
· Lexapro – 20mg / 2x day
· Vimpat 50 mg AM / 100 mg PM
· Horizant ER 600mg
· Paxil – looks like up to 40mg/day
· Buspar – 10mg 3 or 4x/day
· Zoloft – started at 50, up to 150mg/day
· Seroquel XR – dose unknown, was given samples at partial hospital program. Took 4-5 days.
· Prozac – 15mg – 20 mg (was on as a child, then tried again around age 18)
· Lamictal XR – started 25 mg went up to 100mg
· Latuda – 40-80 mg
· Abilify 2mg – was on 2 months
· Pristiq 50 mg – less than a month
· Oleptro ER – 150 mg
· Diazapam – 10mg for mom going to Florida (didn't work)
· Hydroxyzine HCL – 25mg when I was too young for Klonopin or similar
· Zypreza 2.5mg (age 18)
· Cymbalta (dose unknown, trial)
I'm 26 but went on Prozac at 11 for school phobia/anxiety. The panic attacks didn't start til after the SSRIs and I made the connection in my head a few months ago after some research.