Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I have a really good idea!  (Read 205 times)

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
I have a really good idea!
« on: January 19, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I'm Slip. I have been following this board for a while (although I have only posted once) and it has really helped me out a lot...like A LOT!

It deffinitly helps to know that other people are feeling the same weird ways that I am. Especially when it comes to health anxiety--which I have in spades.

So, I am posting this idea becuase I think it would help me out, and hence believe that other people might feel the same way. Here it is:

A lot of the time when people post about medical fears, they have a doctors visit lined up sometime in the (hopefully) near future. Yet, when they get their results, they forget to post them. Hence, wouldn't it be awesome if when people figured out what the physical problem was (or hopefully lack of physical problem) they made a concerted effort to let us know?

I think this would rule for two reasons:
1. As a forum, people care about each other and want to know that their posting buddies are okay--but will also help each other out if God-forbid they aren't.
2. It might be REALLY useful for other people to know that a doctor has said the symptoms they are feeling are a result of anxiety.

Of course, we are all adults here, and are aware that no two people are the same and of course if something is bothering you you should go to the doctor. But for example, I posted the other night about a jaw/shoulder wierd thing that I couldn't figure out. So, I went to the dentist and found out that I have a wisdom tooth growing in crooked that is hitting a nerve in my mouth--but that the shoulder pain was a result of tensing my shoulders bc I was so anxious about the tooth pain. I will update my post right after this, so if anyone quarries TMJ (which i was afraid it was) they might also have this answer.

I dunno. I guess my suggestion is that would people please update their posts when they find out?
What do you all think about this?
Slip
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: I have a really good idea!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:27:13 AM »
You know I could update you on most cases here on this forum. Tests come back negative 99% of the time. People are more looking for reassurance more that actual answers. To hear others have what they have kind of makes them feel better. The posts you might read about the more serious illnesses are just basic fears. After all tests are done the person will rest for a week or two and then go back to worry about the same thing all over again. That is health anxiety for you. Something pops up on the news or they hear of a person dying from something they will start to fear what they just heard. To the point were they will go through the symptoms. They might more on to another illness after a few months. Just the way their mind works.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline hijikata

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I have a really good idea!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:26:21 AM »
Well im waiting on blood results for what I'm sure is leukemia so Im more than willing to post them when i get them back either tomorrow or the day after haha
Bookmark and Share