Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bad Hunger Pangs but I Just Ate!!  (Read 239 times)

Offline Tweenie

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Bad Hunger Pangs but I Just Ate!!
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
I recently posted about having H. Pylori. I have had it for years and was just re-tested. I'm 51. I'm seeing my doctor next week for the drugs to eradicate it.

In the past week, I have been having the worst hunger-type pangs but I am definitely not hungry. I have either just eaten or it happens around 2 hours after I eat. Does this mean that I have an ulcer?? I also have a funny "bubble-like" feeling on my left side, below my rib cage. Right now, it is starting again and I just had dinner about 30 minutes ago! Sometimes, I even feel the area pulsing or spasming. In the morning, I wake up with a really acidic taste in my mouth. What is going on with me??  I'm really worried!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tweenie

• Poke This Member
Re: Bad Hunger Pangs but I Just Ate!! Ulcer????
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 08:12:33 AM »
Has anyone had this experience?????
Bookmark and Share

Online Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad Hunger Pangs but I Just Ate!!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
Have you seen a gastro?  Have you ever had a colonoscopy? If not, schedule one TODAY.

The sensation in your side might be from a small obstruction, twisted colon or spastic colon.  A trip to a gastro is my suggestion!

The acid in your mouth can be 'silent reflux' and is common in people over 50. Most don't even know they have acid reflux and it's most common at night, especially if you've eaten something within a few hours before bed.  I have 'bumps' on my throat that go up and down but never go away.  I've been told these are caused by the irritants from silent reflux. 

PLEASE see your gastro and get a colonoscopy ASAP just to be safe!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tweenie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:24 AM »
No, I have not had a colonoscopy. I asked my GP about it and she said it wasn't needed. I did an occult blood and it was negative. I do have IBS as well. I had this strange feeling about a year ago but it resolved and now it's back again. I think I'm feeling even more worried now!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
Your doc said no to a colonoscopy? Do you live in the US? Doctors recommend everyone 50 and above to get a colonoscopy.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Tweenie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »
No, I don't live in the US and I know the guidelines are the same here. She may change her mind with these new symptoms. This feels more like an issue with my stomach rather than my colon, though. Colonoscopies take months to get here. The wait lists are ridiculous.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: