Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new to zoloft  (Read 1638 times)

Offline liza9560

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new to zoloft
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 11:06:44 PM »
I'm loving reading your progress, Sonaj. :)  Thanks for sharing.  My doc started me out on 50mg and today (my 3rd day) was pretty anxiety-ridden.  He okayed me to go down to 25mg.  I almost wonder if I should go down to 12.5mg, but I just took 25mg, and we'll see how I feel on that.  I have some Valium on hand if I need it.

Again, thanks, and please keep us posted!

P.S. I did feel good after I did some yoga.  Trying to meditate and slow my mind down, too.  Godspeed and smooth sailing to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »
today (day 18/day 4 @25mg) has been a little rough. I felt okay this morning, but close to noon, i started to feel really out of it. more disconnected  than usual and have a bit more of a "sick" feeling. powering through it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »
Day 7 of the 25mg dose and day 21 in total. Not feeling too bad. Most of the sick feelings have passed . Still a little amped up in the mornings and spacey/disconnected in the afternoons, but I that's how I felt without the meds. :) so far I think its going good. I think I may try to do a 25mg jump in a week instead of another 12.5 (I hate trying to cut the little pieces) and that will finally have me at the therapeutic amount. Hopefully wont jinx it, but I have not needed a xanax for a few weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
I was about to ask the same thing.

I have just started my Zoloft today 25mg (cut in half for the first week).

I'm curious as to how long it will take before I start feeling these negative symptoms, I'm glad I read your post, I'll probably skim through the comments on it. I've took .25 mg klonopin today and will take one later, but it's kind of... Dulling my senses.

I did great on my math test today, not hyped up, but focused and not distracted with my worry. I feel the effects are subtle, I'm curious how it will curb the anxiety spikes from the Zoloft in the next few days.

I was going to ask if you were taking anything with it to curb your symptoms but you maybe stated it in your replied comments. I'll check it out.

Keep this updated, I want to compare (:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »
I'm curious as to how long it will take before I start feeling these negative symptoms

Anywhere from within an hour of the first dose, to several weeks, to never. It all depends on your individual biology.

I've took .25 mg klonopin today and will take one later, but it's kind of... Dulling my senses.

Benzodiazepines are sedating initially, but this usually 'wears' off after a week or two.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »
I was about to ask the same thing.

I have just started my Zoloft today 25mg (cut in half for the first week).

I'm curious as to how long it will take before I start feeling these negative symptoms, I'm glad I read your post, I'll probably skim through the comments on it. I've took .25 mg klonopin today and will take one later, but it's kind of... Dulling my senses.

I did great on my math test today, not hyped up, but focused and not distracted with my worry. I feel the effects are subtle, I'm curious how it will curb the anxiety spikes from the Zoloft in the next few days.

I was going to ask if you were taking anything with it to curb your symptoms but you maybe stated it in your replied comments. I'll check it out.

Keep this updated, I want to compare (:
I was given xanax for dealing with any increased panicky or anxiety . However , I have not needed it since about a week after I started the Zoloft.
I felt the negative side effects on day 1 ,a few hours after taking my first dose. Had some stomach issues  and felt a bit keyed up in the morning and then sluggish and sick in the evening. All that seems to have passed. I still feel a bit keyed up in the morning, but that's starting to fade as well.

Bookmark and Share

Offline liza9560

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »
Good to read this stuff!  :)  I'm on Zoloft day 6 ***** 25mg, day 10 total, and I pretty much have no side effects at this point.  I take mine around 9 pm, and 12 hours later, at 9 in the morning, is when I may be "keyed up," as you describe it, somaj.  I haven't been lately tho.  I don't even get the dull, pukey headache I used to get 2-3 hours after I swallow the Zoloft.  I get a headache around 5 or 6 in the afternoon, tho.  Hmm. 

I am curious as to how you fare on your 25mg jump.  I want to get to 50mg ultimately, but I am so apprehensive about the increased panic that may occur with the increased dosage.  I'm a performer with gigs coming down the pike. :P  I don't wanna have to take klonopins to sing. Double :P :P

And for pete's sake, hopefully one of us will have some awesomeness to report regarding this Z stuff!  Sheesh.  I can't wait till I read (or feel), "Wow.  I feel really good today!  Yeah!"  ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 01:38:21 PM »
Day 11 of the 25mg dose, so I am at the same point as you Liza. Side effects are mostly related to feeling tired and a bit out of it. I do not really have the keyed up feeling anymore. Going to 50mg on Saturday, and given the current track record it should go smoothly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline liza9560

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 10:28:02 PM »
Hello, somaj--I'm hoping your jump to 50mg has gone smoothly. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »
Not to trigger anything but I had my first panic attack yesterday.... Horrible. And today I had two panic attacks within 30 minutes of each other... both while being on Klonopin.

I'm looking forward to seeing my Psychiatrist in 4 days and have a little chat about this benzo.

I hope yours is going smoothly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »
3rd day into the 50mg dose. Been going okay. No other side effects besides feeling a bit keyed up in the morning, but even that has subsided from the first day. Been really really tired at night, which is not a bad thing . I did not have any sleep issues to begin with but now it seems even easier to fall asleep. So I guess its all downhill from here, just need to wait now for it to start taking affect now that I am at the Therapeutic dose. Looking forward to the next few weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Online BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 02:16:03 PM »
I started zoloft back in October of last year. My first symptom was nausea. It lasted the first couple weeks. The other side effect I had was I was energetic in the morning but extremely tired early in the evening. This was only the first few weeks on the med. I also started at 25mg, and stayed on that a week. I later moved up to 50mg the second week. After that I haven't felt anymore effects from zoloft at all. I would give it some time. The first couple weeks on  an SSRI are always the hardest. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
So now its day 10 of the 50mg dose and just over a month since I started. Feeling pretty good. Side effects are pretty much gone. No real feeling "keyed up" In the morning. I just feel normal, which is nice as last week was the one year anniversary of my first panic attack and I have not felt normal since. If you are on the shelf about starting Zoloft or another ssri , just do it. The first few weeks are rough, but the pay off is worth it 10 fold.
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014, 02:25:27 PM »
So I am into the third week of the 50mg dose of Zoloft ,almost 7 weeks altogether. Things are good. Side effects are generally completely gone, except for the tiredness, but that is waning as well. Still a bit of general anxiety, but nowhere near what it was. Saw my doctor this past Friday, and he says I should go with this dose another 6 weeks. He saw no need to think about upping the dose at this time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
I'm on the same exact track as you, same timeframe almost exactly.... About 7 weeks. and 3rd week of zoloft.

I've noticed that my general anxiety has diminished from what it had been the past couple weeks, I feel almost a sense of becoming normal again to where i used to be, I'm not sure if this is the indicator that I need to up my dosage... it's hard to know exactly what to "feel" and what is optimal. I've got a doctors appointment on the 21st of this month, we'll see how I play out from there.

Glad to hear the updates.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: