Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new to zoloft  (Read 1994 times)

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: new to zoloft
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »
Anxiety has gotten worse especially shortly after taking the dose.

Zoloft is slow to metabolize taking 4.5 to 8.5 hours for plasma levels to peak after taking a dose, so I think the heightened anxiety is more a case of mind over med.

PS: you could try splitting to dose taking half morning and night when you go up to 25mg/day. It might help smooth out any peaks and troughs.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Doxie Lover

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 10:16:25 PM »
I'm on 150 mg, but I noticed that I am very, very tired.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I've been on this dosage (up from 100 mg) for only 2 weeks, so I am hoping the side effect of tiredness will dissipate. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »
I'm on 150 mg, but I noticed that I am very, very tired.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I've been on this dosage (up from 100 mg) for only 2 weeks, so I am hoping the side effect of tiredness will dissipate.

It usually does, though, as with all things about antidepressants, this isn't a guarantee.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Doxie Lover

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ian...guess I'll just have to wait and see...  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Prodigy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
Hello all,
Into my second day of Zoloft @25mg  for anxiety. I have taken it at about 8am . I feel okay during the day, sort of keyed up like I had to much caffeine. Towards the evening, especially this evening, I have felt a "sick" feeling and have had diarrhea all day. I know these are side effects and was curious as to if there are any counter measures people have tried successfully . Does it get worse?

Thanks

I wish you the best of luck. I hope you keep us updated with your progress in this thread. I've told myself I would never take medication again,  but I am considering trying Zoloft because my anxiety has gotten out of control lately.

Cheers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
Day 12 of the 12.5 dose. I think most of the side effects have passed. Feel a little spacey but not too bad. Going to 25mg on Saturday, hopefully it will go smoothly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
Oh, there was one thing I noticed.....I have found myself sometimes clenching my back teeth at times. I just sometimes notice I'm doing it for no reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teran

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 05:08:07 PM »
The teeth clenching happened to me when I would change my dosing. It was not much of an issue, and went away in a few weeks. I hear that it is quite common with Zoloft and usually goes away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »
I have found myself sometimes clenching my back teeth at times.

All the SSRIs have their own peculiarities. With Lexapro it's the yawn, with Zoloft it's teeth clenching/grinding and skin effects, sweating, burning sensations, etc, though these can all occur with other SSRIs, just not as often. It will likely resolve after a few weeks, but it persists for some. :(

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
So its day 17 Zoloft. I finished my 2 weeks at a 12.5mg dose and started on 25mg this past Saturday. No stomach issues and only a light "sick" feeling in the evening. In the morning (since starting the 25mg)  I have felt really keyed up , like I have had too much caffeine, but its nothing I cannot manage. Hopefully, the side effects stay where they are at now which is not that bad.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything