Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Heart will sometimes beat fast while doing everyday tasks...is this residual?  (Read 349 times)

Offline patagonia816

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have been having panic attacks on and off since August.  I had a big attack in early December. Sometimes I feel my heart is beating out of proportion for everyday tasks. Walking up a small set of stairs, sorting laundry, etc., can make my heart beat like I just did some jumping jacks. I am  a reasonably healthy person and have always been active. I am not obese, nor do I have a faulty heart.

Does anyone else with panic experience this? Do you think it is another way anxiety shows its face?
Bookmark and Share
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
The heart can race a lot for some people. Just another symptom of their anxiety. The thing is to try and not to focus on it. The more you focus on it the more aware of it you will become. To the point were you expect it to happen. Learn a few deep breathing exercises and how to slow the heart rate down. You will find loads on you tube. Try them out and see what happens. But it is very common.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Along with cuchculan, I believe you're over-focusing on the rate of heartbeat. The heart is a pump which responds to input on exertion. Some hearts are more efficient than others due to repetitive training - but all hearts vary rate due to exertion. 99% of people do not notice this until they over-exert themselves. Anxiety sufferers, however, notice small differences they wouldn't usually notice if they weren't paying explicit attention.

If you're concerned about the health of the heart, you can see a cardiologist and have a stress test done - but I believe you'll be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline melzmoda

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I get that all of the time too just walking up the stairs at my house or vacuuming my heart rate is like I just ran around the block 5 times!! It's horrible but I know it's all related to my anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: