Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bad breakup--Afraid to Fall Back in the Cycle of Depression  (Read 377 times)

Offline Andrea24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bad breakup--Afraid to Fall Back in the Cycle of Depression
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:58:12 AM »
Hi all.  Long story short, I just had a very bad breakup.  The relationship was almost 4 years, so despite the breakup being for the best, it still stings.  The past few months I have been battling anxiety and depression and I think I turned a corner over the past month.  I'm proud of myself.  :happy0151: I'm really worried that this breakup might send me down the rabbit hole again. I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that--counseling, journaling, reaching out to friends, etc.--but I wonder how much of it is beyond my control. I'm going to embrace all the feelings that I have about the breakup, repressing emotions has caused me problems in the past. But still, I'm scared that I will wind up back in a very bad place despite my best efforts. Any thoughts/advice?
Bookmark and Share
~I have found intelligence and success to be hazardous~

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad breakup--Afraid to Fall Back in the Cycle of Depression
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 01:13:18 PM »
Break ups always play with the emotions. We can't argue that one. It is rare we ever hear of a good break up. Are there any advantages gained from the break up? Just looking for something positive. Instead of the normal negative things. There is always a reason for a break up. Things not going right. At times it is better to get out of such a relationship. I admit I have no idea who ended things. I don't want to put my foot in it and say the wrong thing. If you ended things try and find positives that you can now do. If you were dumped I would say it was the other person's loss. I am sure someone out there stands to gain by meeting you at some point in the future. Again just looking for positives. Because they are what we feed on. It is when we look at negatives that we can begin to feel down. If you find even one good thing that might come out of a break up then focus on that. Use that as a starting point. I know they can be hard at times. Four years is a long time. But life has to go on. I am sure you have a lot of good things to offer somebody else.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »
{{HUGS}} You know I'm always here to listen! I think your doing great so far! I have all the faith in the world in you, even if you don't!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline another

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »
I am in the same situation as you. Please feel free to message me if you want to discuss anything. It is very hard knowing that you might be walking down the same path that you have walked down before.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: