Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: sad guilty ashamed feeling shut down  (Read 539 times)

Offline LostKeys

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
sad guilty ashamed feeling shut down
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:42:48 AM »
Tonight I was on way home with my wife and kids, and I just got an overwhelming feeling of sadness because of the way I am I constantly feel like a burden on my wife's already busy life. About two and half months ago I had something happen to me where I realised all of the ways I have not been good to my wife and family, so what I have done is have been the most open and completely open with my wife then I have ever been. Tonight on the way home my wife knew I was thinking and there was something wrong with me but I just dot feel like it's fare to her to keep dumping all of my problems in her and put more stress in her life. I just feel like I should keep it all to myself..I don't know what to do I don't want to talk to her about it because I will feel like I'm dumping more on Herr I dint know what to do it makes me feel like ***** that I constantly have something wrong with me and I want to be open about everything
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: sad guilty ashamed feeling shut down
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:57:49 PM »
I guess all people have feelings like that sometimes but for us, who have depression, these feelings can be overwhelming. I would say they are symptoms of depression. And at the same time giving into them deepens our depression. Please remember that depression is not your 'weakness' or fault. Asking for help and/or understanding is not 'dumping stuff' on people. It's a normal human need because we are not self-sufficient. Were the roles turned, meaning was your wife the one suffering from depression, would you think she's a burden? Would you want her to shut down from you? Probably not, right?
With depression we tend to be so hard on ourselves. Feeling helpless and at the same time remembering all the mistakes we ever made... It's a terrible place to be in. But we are human. We have our flaws. People with depression are no worse or better than any other people. We just need to accept ourselves and try to make most out of the present. Past is gone. Future is uncertain. Here and now we can talk, share and work on our issues. It can be really hard, true. But we can make it. We have to make it, one of the reasons for that is that we will be able to be there for people close to us when THEY need us. People need people. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline Momee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: sad guilty ashamed feeling shut down
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »