Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Dental anxiety  (Read 161 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dental anxiety
« on: January 18, 2014, 11:27:04 PM »
Augh, this is a new one for me.  Brief backstory: a few years ago my gums looked kinda low on the bottom front and I went to the dentist, who said I was okay but not taking good enough care of my teeth, and I'd have to do better because I'm not young enough any more that I can ignore them and not expect to lose them.  Fair enough.  Can't say I really did though - I brush more, but still rarely floss (no excuses, I just forget).  And now my gums have become a mess seemingly overnight.  I've started grinding my teeth at some point, and my bite feels messed up.  My gums are now inflamed and swollen when I brush, mainly on the bottom, and I think they might have receded some but I can't tell because, well, you can't really see your lower gumline without specifically looking at it. 

It's been three years since I've been to the dentist.  I know that's horrible.  No dental insurance, and my teeth felt fine so I figured they were.  Not so much I guess.  I know I need to go again because my teeth are uncomfortable and all feel loose (I feel like it's not LIKELY they all became loose at once but still possible, especially with the grinding) but I'm worried I'm going to need dentures at 30.  God knows I can't afford implants or anything like that. 

I have a stomach bug at the moment, and have for a week now (my better half has the exact same thing, so definitely not just in my head for once, haha), so it may be a bit before I can go, and I'm losing my mind.  This is most unpleasant.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dental anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 08:54:53 AM »
I don't like the dentist either. I have not been in a little over a year and am scheduled to
go this Tuesday.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dental anxiety
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 08:56:37 AM »
Molly, there's a FREE website where you can ask dentists questions and even post photos.  It has helped me so much when dental fears crept up.

http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/forum/
Bookmark and Share

Tags: