Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Menstrual problems.  (Read 152 times)

Offline MissIzabelle

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Menstrual problems.
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:13:11 PM »
First off, I should say I'm new here.  I've been reading all night, but finally decided to post.

I just turned 29, I have 5 kids (youngest is 8 months old).  I'm not on birth control.  I'm 5'3" and 155 (over weight for my height, this is the first time I've ever been over weight, I'm use to weighing about 105)

My period use to be every 34 or so days.  After I had my baby, around 4 months, they went to every 28-29 days.

I am on cycle day 13, my periods usually last a full 7 days.  So I haven't been off of it long.  Well, last night I started getting red spotting mixed with fertile cervical mucous, so I assumed it was ovulation bleeding (which I have had ovulation spotting before).  Well it's been happening on and off all day long.  It doesn't warrant a pad, maybe a panty liner.  I almost feel like I'm starting my period all over again, I have some cramping where I always cramp for my period.  And of course this would happen on a Saturday when my OB isn't in the office.  I want to wait til Monday so I can go to my dr, but I'm so scared.  I'm a hypochondriac with anxiety/panic disorder (all unmedicated).  So, of course my mind goes to bad, bad things.  Cervical cancer (I did have a pap within the last 3-4 months and it was clear), ovarian cancer, everything!

I had an ultrasound on my upper abdomen on Wednesday to check for an umbilical hernia (all clear), so they didn't see anything up there.

Basically I just want to know if there's others out there that have had this.  I ask people around me in real life and they look at me like I have 3 heads.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Menstrual problems.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 01:27:42 PM »
How long ago did you have your last baby? I'm a doula, so I'm pretty experienced with the female body. If you're less than 18 months post partum, things are still trying to get back to normal and your body, believe it or not, is still healing and on a hormonal roller coaster.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
If you're less than 18 months post partum, things are still trying to get back to normal and your body, believe it or not, is still healing and on a hormonal roller coaster.
Agreed. It can take a while.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
Cramping is normal (at least for me) during ovulation.  I would not worry about cervical cancer, seeing as how your pap was so recent.  I just had ( and still sorta have) the ovarian cancer fear, but as for you, they would've seen something during one of your ultrasounds while you were pregnant.  They always check the ovaries. 
Bookmark and Share

Online xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
I would follow up with your OB. They'll prob have you go for an ultrasound, most likely it's a polyp (benign!) I just went thru the same thing - try not to worry too much! Easier said than done I know...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: