Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Freedom from Anxiety  (Read 200 times)

Offline dani_leigh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Freedom from Anxiety
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
I haven't been on here in a few weeks. I've been feeling so much better and have had several very relaxing days. My anxiety is a fraction of what it was a month ago. I felt burdened to log in and share how I got to this point because to be very honest I wasn't sure that I would ever get here. It was so bad that I had started thinking life wasn't even worth living.

About a month ago I hit rock bottom. I was having panic attacks one right after the other to the point where I was in a state of panic pretty much all day. I finally just said, "God, I can't do this". I started praying a lot. I started memorizing scripture and repeating it to myself. After the new year I also decided that I was going to stop googling. With a few exceptions I've been able to stay away from Dr. Google. There is NO WAY I have been able to do this on my own. I was googling so many times a day that my phone was constantly going dead and it was interfering with my marriage.

God is bigger than your anxiety, friends. He loves you so dearly and it is not in his will for you to live in fear. Proverbs 3:5-7
Bookmark and Share

Offline Noclip1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freedom from Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »
Same thing happened to me this month. I went 3 years without worrying about my HA (fears of eyesight getting worse) and I'm pretty at normal again :). I'm glad you're doing well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 03:10:54 PM »
That's so great; thanks for sharing. Prayer helps.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 03:11:23 PM »
Well said, Dani Leigh!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »
I haven't been on here in a few weeks. I've been feeling so much better and have had several very relaxing days. My anxiety is a fraction of what it was a month ago. I felt burdened to log in and share how I got to this point because to be very honest I wasn't sure that I would ever get here. It was so bad that I had started thinking life wasn't even worth living.

About a month ago I hit rock bottom. I was having panic attacks one right after the other to the point where I was in a state of panic pretty much all day. I finally just said, "God, I can't do this". I started praying a lot. I started memorizing scripture and repeating it to myself. After the new year I also decided that I was going to stop googling. With a few exceptions I've been able to stay away from Dr. Google. There is NO WAY I have been able to do this on my own. I was googling so many times a day that my phone was constantly going dead and it was interfering with my marriage.

God is bigger than your anxiety, friends. He loves you so dearly and it is not in his will for you to live in fear. Proverbs 3:5-7

I did something wrong when I posted, let's try this again! (I see nowhere where I could delete my messed up post to you)

That is the only way I can stop googling - promising GOD I won't do it for X amount of days.  Then I HAVE to honor that promise and you are right, it works.  I haven't God promised in a while and I am beginning to go crazy again.  Thanks for the reminder!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: