Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Leg pain.. Terrified of blood clot!  (Read 1668 times)

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Leg pain.. Terrified of blood clot!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »
As far as the symptoms go, you have remind yourself that they will go away when you control your anxiety. Don't tell yourself that it's nothing - because it is SOMETHING, but that something isn't a blood clot - it is a physical manifestation of your fear and anxiety. To stop the what ifs, you have to stop the anxiety. It is the only way. Odds are it's not going to be something you can fix yourself. You need to seek out a therapist that can teach you techniques for dealing with your anxiety, and maybe even a psychiatrist that can prescribe you some medications OR a homeopath if medication isn't your thing.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
I will try to remind myself of that. It's very hard. My anxiety is pretty good but the story my husband told me sent me into a frenzy! I am trying to remain logical but as we all know that is VERY HARD
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »
Today has Ben okay. My leg is still bothering me, but it radiates and comes and goes! Trying to remain positive
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »
I've had leg pain everyday for over a month. In December I had two negative d dimers and told that I don't have a clot...they said no reason for an ultrasound. But it is all I think about everyday...my therapist says I news to stop thinking of the what ifs. But I understand that is so hard...
Bookmark and Share

Offline believe27

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 06:05:34 PM »
you received some good replies, hope you are feeling better and less anxious! my sister had a blood clot that went to her lung, thankfully she survived after being rushed to the ER, but she said that along with the leg pain she felt VERY intense chest pain, trouble breathing, and eventually passed out. Leg pain alone can be any number of things, but it's a good idea to walk around just to get the circulation going and stretch the muscles! Hope that helps
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
Was her leg pain bad? That's what scares me is that happening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline believe27

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »
I'm not sure but I bet it was bad (she was sitting on a plane for a long time) however it was overshadowed by the extreme chest pain, inability to breathe, and fainting. From what I've heard/read, if you had a blood clot it would likely show other symptoms besides leg pain. Have you been active or exercised lately? It could be a strain. Also, exercise/activity helps prevent blood clots so that's actually a good thing :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
 I am going through the exact same thing! I feel like a walking time bomb. I have mild leg pain, enough to be noticeable but not enough to interfere with my life. My grandfather recently had a DVT and resulting pulmonary embolisms, luckily he's okay now. A couple of weeks ago my uncle told me that his co-workers son passed away at 28 from a pulmonary embolism. That did nothing to help my fears, haha. The advice I can give you is to try to find peace in the tests you've had. I hope that you can begin to feel better and I hope it somewhat helps knowing that I am with you in the same fear-boat!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: