Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: panic attack or seizure!? so scared  (Read 206 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
panic attack or seizure!? so scared
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:56:47 PM »
i'm so frightened. Today has continued with the headaches and sickness worsening however earlier I began to feel calm and settled.

As i was sat on the laptop a horrible feeling of heat randomly came over me and i had to lie down & took my top off cos i felt so incredibly hot. Whilst laying down the heat surged through me and rose from my stomach, through my back, into my head and down my arms, it felt like a prickly hot feeling and was absolutely horrifying. i felt like i was dying and began to panic and shouted for help, my parents both came in and the feeling of panic stayed for about 5 minutes till it went away. I was begging them to ring an ambulance because i thought i was dying.

It came from nowhere and has left me feeling so, so shook up. I knew seizures were common with brain tumours and i'm so scared i had one as partial seizures can often be confused with panic attacks and this was the worst feeling i've had in my life. I started citalopram yesterday and i don't know if this has anything to do with things.

It is the most petrifying experience of my life and i have no idea why it happened. I have had dizziness, nausea, sickness, worsening headaches and now this completely random panic attack/seizure, i don't know what it was. I'm so frightened i'm considering going private for an MRI as i know something is not right with me and this proves it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: panic attack or seizure!? so scared
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »
Would you say your worst symptom was complete, overwhelming amounts of absolute terror, of a level you didn't even know existed, that seemed to have no source?

If so, it was a panic attack. Nothing - literally, nothing - is scarier than a panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: