Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Co-workers talking about me...  (Read 408 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Co-workers talking about me...
« on: January 18, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
I had posted on here about my frustration with still being a virgin at age 20.  Well the girl I lost it to, is a co-worker of mine.  The girl and I have been dating on and off since then and now our co-workers are talking about us.  One comment that I've heard has been "how did a guy like you, get a girl like that?"  I take offense to that since they're pretty much saying she's too good for me.

I asked her about it, and she said she could care less about what they're saying.  I don't get why this one thing is making our co-workers talk about us, when before this happened, we all got along well.  What am I suppose to do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Co-workers talking about me...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:28:27 AM »
Smile. Walk tall. What they probably all wanted, you ended up getting. If they make snide remarks shove it back in their faces. Tell them she has good taste in men. That she only wanted the best and she got the best too. People at work will always be like this. They tease more than slag. It is a work thing. They be offended will only make things worse. Be happy with your girl. Ignore what others have to say. Just typical work talk.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Co-workers talking about me...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
One comment that I've heard has been "how did a guy like you, get a girl like that?"

You seriously got offended by this? This is like the biggest boost to your ego, or should be.

If I had overheard something similar I would just ignore it. If someone would say something like that to my face, I would respond "Because I am cool and you suck" and walk away. Seriously, why the f*** it matters what other people think you deserve or not.

And next time, pls don't talk about that with your girlfriend. It just shows insecurity. You need to believe in yourself, that you deserve that girl. Everything else doesn't matter.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: