Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: ruptured ovarian cyst  (Read 225 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ruptured ovarian cyst
« on: January 18, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
Does anyone know what it feels like when a cyst ruptures? I have a small "non simple" cyst on my right ovary and last night I got sudden sharp , horrible pain in that area.  It lasted all night, to where it hurt to even walk.  I started freaking out thinking maybe it was my appendix, and I pushed on the area to see if I had retractable pain (which I did not).  The only thing odd was after I pushed, I felt something like gas gurgles in that area.  I don't know if that's just coincidence or what.  Anyways, the actual pain isn't as bad today, but it is still very tender in that area, especially when I push on it. 
Does this sound like an issue with my cyst, or perhaps something else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Theresa73

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ruptured ovarian cyst
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 03:59:51 PM »
It sounds like what happens to me when I get trapped gas. Is it by your lower hip bone? I get bad pain there w gurgles too someyimes. My friend had a cyst burst and she said it was some of the most excruciating pain she's ever had, promoting her to go to ER. She had surgery to remove it. Anyway, to be sure I would go to your OB to get an ultrasound to see if it did burst. If it did the dr can decide if anything should be done. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:22:34 PM »
It's  in the very lower right area.  Did your pain last for quite a while? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »
From what I understand, a ruptured cyst hurts like nothing you've ever felt before and the pain lasts a while. A lot of the time people go to the ER for it because it's that bad. It could be gas pains. I've had gas pains that felt like they were ovarian. It could also not be, though, because you said it's still tender, unless of course you've been pushing around enough to make it sensitive. A quick check at the GYN will answer everything. Some ruptured cysts don't require treatment, but surgery may be necessary.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »
I had a ruptured cyst. I had chills and was shaking, i was in soooooo much pain. I cried. I felt like i was having birthing contractions. It hurt to lift. It hurt to push or pull.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:32:38 PM »
Hmmmm......well, I was dizzy last night when the pain was the worst.  I definitely haven't poked around enough to make it tender today, I'm scared to mess with the area too much.  So it's definitely tender without my doing.  Also, I noticed today when I go from standing to sitting, the actual pressure of just sitting down causes it to hurt, if that makes any sense. 
I have an appointment on Wednesday for a follow up from my ultrasound, so I will let the doc know what happened.  I want to know for sure what caused the pain, as it hurt like crazy, but if it wasn't from the cyst, I'm going to feel like I'm at square one trying to figure it out.  Too bad  doctors didn't specialize in everything :)  that'd save a bunch of $$$$
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 11:00:19 PM »
I had that when mine ruptured. I sat very slowly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 11:38:49 PM »
It really could be a cyst or gas.  I've had a couple of ruptured complex cysts (confirmed on CT), and while I can POSSIBLY pinpoint when they popped due to pain or other symptoms, I'm not really sure.  So I clearly didn't have the staggering and unique horrid pain a lot of people get.  The pressure when sitting could be the fluid from the cyst still hanging around - that will probably go away on its own.  It's very unlikely you'll need further treatment - I ended up needing surgery for endometriosis, but that was years after said ruptured cysts and possibly not related.  Most people with ruptured cysts don't need anything done once the pain is gone. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 04:45:23 PM »
Thanks all!  I'm feeling much better today. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: