Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to high anxiety, is this normal?  (Read 181 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to high anxiety, is this normal?
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:30:50 AM »
On Tuesday, I had a major panic attack, first about having a stroke (I was not) and then about freaking out that I keep thinking I have horrible diseases. I got klonopin from doc. But a pattern emerged of a short panic attack in the morning and a long one in the evening.  I had to fly yesterday and I'm an anxious flier. I thought that was the cause. I took 1mg of klonopin and the flight was fine. I was hoping the anxiety would fade. Instead I had anxiety last night. It wasn't as bad as other nights. I was in sport authority and used a exercise bike then went to my friends house and had a hot bath. I did not take a klonopin. I woke up with terrible anxiety, this time believing I was having a heart attack. My dh helped calm me a bit. Saying it was my brain playing tricks on me. I don't want to take a klonopin because I don't want to rely on them. (I'm okay using them on occasion).

This is the worst my anxiety has ever been, so I'm not used to it. Is it common to have residual panic when there is nothing to fear? Or is it a side effect of the klonopin wearing off. Will it fade?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: