Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: For the ladies... question about breast pain  (Read 248 times)

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
For the ladies... question about breast pain
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:55:47 AM »
Hi everyone!

So the past couple of weeks, I have had this intermittent shooting pain in my nipple that shoots up the side of my breast. It is typically on my left side, but I have had it a couple of times on my right breast too. I actually wasn't too concerned at first, in a moment of HA clarity, but it has been going on a couple of times a day they past several days in a row and now the doubt is starting to creep in. I have been really tight in the upper back muscle area as of late, and this feels like perhaps it is muscle related? But of course, now I am wondering if it is a sign of the Big C and letting my mind run away with me. My rational mind says, if it was a lump and cancer in that breast(did not feel any lumps by the way) wouldn't the shooting pain be in one breast only?
Which is why I am thinking it is nerve related.

Any other woman experience this feeling and do you know what you were told it was? I am not pregnant and I am not breastfeeding. Is this normal? I am in my mid thirties.

I just got over one bout of HA regarding other things I saw my doctors about on the 7th, and of course, this happens right after I meet with her!

Thanks Ladies!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
Re: For the ladies... question about breast pain
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »
Based on the fact that it's happened on both sides I'd be inclined to think its muscular, and yes it is normal to get referred muscular pain in any part of the body.  Hopefully it goes away but if not maybe try a massage?
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: For the ladies... question about breast pain
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »
Thanks. I actually googled last night (bad, bad me!) and I found an article that said shooting pain in the breast is very, very rarely a sign of breast cancer, so that made me feel loads better! I think I am going to sign up to get a shoulder, neck massage in the next few days and see if that helps.
Thinking back, I have had this in the past, and it has always gone away, so I am probably fine, just my body going through yet another change!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: