Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: And again..  (Read 181 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
And again..
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:46:22 AM »
Here we go again with the brain eating amoeba fears. Just yesterday I was on here afraid of pancreatic cancer, and now that I'm sick in bed with a low grade fever, congestion, runny nose, and body aches, I fear I'm dying of a brain eating amoeba because earlier this week I got some saliva (don't ask) up my nose by mistake and I've read that N. Fowlari can be found in the back of people's throats.

So that was Sunday morning when the incidence happened, it's now Friday night and I've got a 99.6 fever and body aches, ect, and I'm worried I'm dying from a brain eating amoeba. Yay. It's going to be a long night.  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: And again..
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:57:48 AM »
Sounds like you have a cold.  I know you said don't ask, but I must - lol  Did you get your saliva or someone else's up your nose?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »
Haha. Yes, it is just a cold.

I got my 1 year old daughter's saliva up my nose. She had her fingers in her mouth when I was holding her and while I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing, stuck a finger wayy up my nose. Gross.
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »
Seeing as the sinus drains into the throat in all humans people would have had a pandemic of brain eating amoebas from kissing each other over the years if there was actually a risk.

This is just a cold.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 08:26:45 PM »
Seeing as the sinus drains into the throat in all humans people would have had a pandemic of brain eating amoebas from kissing each other over the years if there was actually a risk.
Agreed completely.  :yes:

Do you really think your 1 year old daughter is harboring brain eating amoebas in her throat?

It's way, way more likely to be just some of the winter gook that is going around. I can assure you that's what it is.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags:

anything