Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared.......support needed  (Read 105 times)

Offline cindee56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared.......support needed
« on: January 18, 2014, 12:59:28 AM »
Hi everyone I'm new and my name is Cindee.  I have a question.  A few weeks ago I was at home on vacation and I had a panic attack.  I knew what it was immediately because about 30 years ago I had a similar experience only much more intense and scarey and I ended up pretty much incapacitated for over a year.  This is my fear...

I was having panic attacks daily was becoming afraid to drive or leave my house but I forced myself to go out.  When the panic feelings would start I would go get on my treadmill and Im sure you all know that isnt easy when you feel all wobbly.  The treadmill helped and I stuck with it for about 6 days.  On the 7th day I went for deep massage therapy came home when on my treadmill and when I got off my feet and legs were pins and needles.

Well that was a week ago.  I was getting very scared because I cannot figure out what I am having these feelings of electric  shocks running up and down my leg and when I force myself to walk on the treadmill it seems to make the tingling less intense and almost non-existent.

Is there anyways pins and needles and tingling in legs feet hands etc can be caused by stress and anxiety????.  I have been under stress, I am a breast cancer survivor and was faced with 2 biopsies last year and numerous conflicts at work which caused me high stress and anxiety.

Has anyone had this time of reaction to stress or anxiety?  I have it all the time but it gets better if I exercise

Please send any comments advice etc.

Thanks everyone
Cindee
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared.......support needed
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:51:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline waoldb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:57:29 AM »
Hi there,

Welcome - nice to meet you.

There are so many people here to help you, have a look around the forums - there are many different threads.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nevertoolate

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »
I think (from my recent experiences) that this is a continuation of the anxiety. As long as you are not overdoing it, I know exercise is so good for you! My doctor told me to get walking everyday, and I've been slacking the past few(many) days. But, I know it is healthy for mind and body!

Maybe call your doctor for reassurance and then don't be afraid to get back on that treadmill. You will be ok...
I have so much sympathy right now - it's hard!!!

Jen (nevertoolate)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: