Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone know what might be wrong with my eyes?  (Read 155 times)

Offline gibzster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone know what might be wrong with my eyes?
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:32:11 PM »
I posted this question on ***** answers as well. I am not as anxious as usual about this. My hypchondria has not been effecting my life quite as much over the last couple of days. I have been really chill over the last couple of days.   :dazed: It feels to not worry so much. Maybe it has something to do with the tons of work my AP classes are dumping on me and the simple fact that I do not have 3 hours to google random symptoms like a madman. Anyway. . .

The is really hard to explain....

So . . if I look straight foward and focus an object and move my head from side to side while keeping my eyes focused on the object in front of me, I will get this small area of distortion in both sides of my peripheral vision. The small area kinda looks like moving water. . . Like looking though  moving water. If I blink or if I stop moving my head, the distortion goes away. It only happens in really bright rooms. If I keep my eyes half closed, then it won't happen.

I kinda think that it might have something to do with my astigmatism. My doctor told me a had an astigmatism back in July. Astigmatism effects the way light rays bounce off the retina or whatever.

What do you think. It just really freaks me out,
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone know what might be wrong with my eyes?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »
If it's what i think it is... NORMAL.

When i shake my head and look to the side (maybe straight forward too) i see like a swirly/shiny/white bit distortion the corner of my vision. I remember getting a bit scared a while ago. But it's normal.

Is that what you mean?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Noclip1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone know what might be wrong with my eyes?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »
We all seem to have a wide variety of weird things that happen with our vision. Whatever you are describing doesn't sound like any signs of anything serious so I wouldn't worry. I am currently recovering well from freaking out about my vision so much.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: