Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please answer some questions for me  (Read 161 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please answer some questions for me
« on: January 17, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »
Ok this may be somewhat of a long read, but I'd truly appreciate some feedback. 
I've been diagnosed with IBS, and I've also had my gallbladder removed back in 2012. 
On occasion, ever since I've had my gallbladder surgery, I will occasionally get an ache near that area after I eat. Doesn't happen every time. 
Last month, I started getting the ache/dull pain more frequently, and it seems to actually be more mid-right abdominal area, as opposed to upper.  Along with that, at times I get the discomfort in the very lower area of my right abdomen.  I've been to the doctor, and I was tested for H. Pylori, which was negative.  I, at the time, started worrying about ovarian cancer because I was bloated and gassy as well.  She had done an exam and since I had a slight bit of tenderness on my ovary, she scheduled an ultrasound.  But, that's another story in itself. 
So for a couple weeks, the pain/discomfort wasn't there.  Now today it's back full force.  I can't shake the anxiety today. 
Since I don't have a gallbladder, I'm not worried about that.  During my exam the doctor said my liver wasn't inflamed, plus all my blood tests showed excellent.  So that leaves my colon and appendix in that region (if I've left an organ out, do not tell me)  :P

My questions are:  My dad passed away in 2009 from colon cancer (he was 91).  That sent my HA into overdrive.  I had a colonoscopy in March of 2010 and it was fine, except a non cancerous polyp, which was removed.  I'm supposed to go for another colonoscopy in 2015.  Can colon cancer develop that quickly?  I always heard it is usually very slow growing. 
Besides the IBS, I don't really have any signs of colon cancer, ie. rectal bleeding or anything like that.

As for the appendix, if it were cancer, would the pain/discomfort come and go as it does, or would it just keep progressing?

Sorry for the long post!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please answer some questions for me
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »
I had an esophageal ulcer in 2005 and had pain in my upper right quadrant area. Even after the ulcer healed, I still get the
pain sometimes. My GI physician said that in my case and in other cases such as gallbladder removal, you can still get phantom
pain. He said phantom pain is pain which is the same as when you had the body part prior to removal, but for some reason
your body exhibits pain as if the diseased body part is still there.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
Interesting.  I never even thought of that!
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »
Can anyone answer my questions? :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: