Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: For all of us who have dealt with lymphoma fear  (Read 235 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
For all of us who have dealt with lymphoma fear
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »
So, there's this great test out. A simple blood test - and NO I'm not talking about a CBC. I'm talking about a c-reactive protein test. Now, the key to this test is taking it when you're not sick and do not have any sign of infection (i.e. sinus, bladder, cold, flu, ect).

The c-reactive protein blood test measures inflammation in your body. A lot of doctors use this test for people who actually have been diagnosed with lymphoma to see how treatment is working in their body.

If you actually DO have lymphoma, this test result will be elevated, or high, because your lymph nodes are inflammed. If your test comes back negative, there are no traces of inflammation in your body, and you can stop worrying about the possibility of having lymphoma.

Now, it gets tricky, because if you have severe periodontal disease (swollen gums) or celiac disease/diverticulitis, chrone's disease, ect it could be high. So it could make your anxiety worse, but if it comes back negative, you can at least put that worry to rest. It's also not a very expensive blood test.

Mine came back negative, so I've stopped worrying about lymphoma (but started worrying about something else...go figure).

Just thought I'd throw this out there!
Bookmark and Share

Online Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: For all of us who have dealt with lymphoma fear
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »
Bpadilla thanks so much for this I have suffered a chronic lymphoma fear for two years now and have had numerous blood tests , thankfully I have asked for my results to be printed and crp is on there it is at level 1.0 .

I feel a lot better tonight ! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: