Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bad night of sleep and woke up feeling horrible...... Need support  (Read 235 times)

Offline edosmonsterink

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I just had one of the worst nights of sleep ever. Usually I am very calm Layin in bed and fall asleep no problem. But last night I felt all jittery and restless. Like I couldn't tell if my body was cold or hot. I was having weird sensations. Like cold hot hands and feet.. I finally passed out at midnight to awake at 4am. My heart is pounding my head is easy everwhere right now and can't even lay down . my chest is hurting and feels heavy also. A Sharp where my heart is. I'm on my 19th day of zoloft and feeling like hell. My hands are shaking while I write this and my mind is everywhere so sorry if I'm rambling on. I just have no one else to talk to.....I also put this under the GAD board. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sweetpea8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad night of sleep and woke up feeling horrible...... Need support
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »
I am sorry you are having trouble. I also have trouble getting to sleep when I am having anxiety. My feet also sweat when I am anxious sometimes and sometimes they are cold. Try to relax before bed, take a hot bath, rest your mind. Try to relax your mind when trying to go to sleep, no letting thoughts run in and out. Counting sheep actually works sometimes for me, picture yourself in a relaxing environment, like for me it's the beach.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »
A Sharp where my heart is. I'm on my 19th day of zoloft and feeling like hell.

Unfortunately, antidepressants can make anxiety worse before they begin easing it. Contact the prescribing doctor to let him/her know what is happening and ask for a small dose of either one of the benzodiazepines or hydroxyzine (Vistaril, Atarax) to help ease you through the bad patches. Alternatively, Benadryl may also help though it isn't as strong as the prescription meds.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »
I'm going through the exact same thing coming off paxil, I mean the exact situation. You are not alone! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. This is pure hell. I can't stop crying.
Bookmark and Share