Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just Joined  (Read 124 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Just Joined
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »
I felt I needed people to talk to, my daughter laughs and me, my husband laughs and me, my mother gets annoyed with me...   I know ONE day a symptom will be the REAL THING and I go through my life lately thinking,  "THIS IS IT!  THIS is going to be my disease!"   Then the symptomes go away, and right on the heals of that is some new symptom of a disease, illness, etc that is the REAL thing.  Currently it's chills in my legs.   It can't be a pinched nerve in my back, nor can it be a symtoms of menopause... nope, in all likelyhood it's pilomotor seizure disorder..  (this is only one example of how I think.  I KNOW it's not rational, but I can't help it)
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just Joined
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:03:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
Thank you!  I wonder if I can just repost this in the hypochondriac section?  My whole life is health related anxiety and I have kind of forgotten there is any other  ;*)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »
Sunlover, feel free to do so. Perhaps with additional details. As Cuchculan put it, you might get much more feedback in the content specific forums. So 'Health anxiety' forum might be the section for you.

Glad to have you as part of our community  :action-smiley-065:!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline TabithaR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
Hi. I'm new too. I'm hoping to make new friends here. I've had GAD for about ten years. It's been up and down with therapy and medication over that time, but I do feel better overall since when it all started. You can reach out to me anytime if you want to talk. It helps sometimes to air out your feelings and concerns with someone that experiences the same things as you do.

Best of luck,
Tabby
Bookmark and Share

Tags: