Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: newbie here and scared  (Read 185 times)

Offline annaki

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
newbie here and scared
« on: January 17, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »
I am so happy to have found this board!!!  I have severe health anxiety and my family and friends are sick of reassuring me.  Its so nice to have a place where people understand these fears, whether they are rational or not.  A bit of background:  I'm in my 30s and and a baby 6 months ago.  Surprisingly I did well with pregnancy despite getting diabetes (just during pregnancy) and having a c section.  This all started a few years ago, I started to have chest pain, hand numbness, fatigue, abdominal pain.  I ultimately had convinced my doctor to order many tests.  The first cbc was abnormal and I went out of my mind.  He was not concerned and said it was a virus and would be better.  It was the most horrendous 4 weeks ever.  the repeat was fine.  I've had a CT of chest, abdomen, and pelvis, all fine.  MRI of head x 2 in the last 3 years -->fine.  To complicate matters, I have a rare bone disease that has benign tumors all over.  I'm petrified that one is going to change and become cancerous -->the rate of this actually happening is <1% but that doesn't help me!!!
Right now I'm having hip pain that has been there for 3 weeks.  I'm taking ibuprofen at the recommendation of my ortho doctor, but he said if its still there in 3 weeks, then I need to get an MRI.  I know he's looking for something bad and I'm so freaked out!
I've convinced myself I have cancer, if not from the bone thing then from some other source that has now gone to my bones.  And I'm tired a lot despite sleeping 8 hours the last 2 nights.  I'm so worried and scared.  Any reassurance or help would be so much appreciated!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Paty8804

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: newbie here and scared
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
Welcome first of all,,, all I can say is that you are not Alone and we all feel the w ay you do, me especially since I have a big fear of Cancer..(for no reason)......you at least have the disease you mentioned...(which please remember is Benign)... hang in there,,, is easier said than done but remember that at least you are on top of it and going to the doctor in the very tiny minimal possibility that they find anything wrong.!
Bookmark and Share
"My life has been full of missfortunes, most of which have never happened"

Offline Theresa73

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: newbie here and scared
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »
You sound just like me. I am a lot to deal with here in my house. In the last year I went to Dr for a throb in my calf, thought it was DVT, I have cancer fears, heart disease fears, etc. It's awful. The one thing that helps me when I am in a tailspin is relaxation breathing. There are tons on you tube. I have a box that has Netflix, you tube etc on it and I will turn on the TV and click an audio and breathe. Also, there are some great books out there. I am reading 2 of them. I'm going through female issues right now and am a complete mess. I am so scared, so I know how you feel. But these techniques have really helped me, especially if I'm in a panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: